I have playef Be The King before. Most players were asian women. The global chat was mostly about our boyfriend/ husband, kids, fashion, recipe, work, other than about the game ofc.
I don’t think most women will like the commitment and activity needed in torn. Asian Women at least. We have boyfriends/ husbands to please, house chores, work, kids, social gathering, religious meetings, etc.
I have a boyfriend. I serve him meals twice a day, make him coffee, not to mention I have my own house chores and a job to pay the bills. If my sister visits or I have ladies night out, my phone must be off.
It may seem whatever, but during real wars or when you are part of Torn leadership or community, it gets a lot harder.
One time I joined a leadership meeting. My sister called crying about her family issue and I had to help her in the middle of the night. I told my friends about this, but the leader insisted we had a discussion about something.
I tried to reply to the discussion, but the discussion went on for so long. So I snapped and said “this is not my problem”.
Mind you, my tasks were recruiting, making payout sheets, lead chains, negotiating terms, selling his stuff, watching stocks for him etc. Meanwhile I still did rl stuff. I mentioned the above. I really had no energy left to deal with more things.
Then I had to hear my leader complaining about how disappointing I was. Meanwhile my niece and sister were crying in the car.
I felt like a failure and disappointment for everyone. I was not angry tbh. I thought it was just a cultural gap that my leader just did not understand how important family was for asians.
So I decided to leave the faction. Until now, sometimes I still got f**ked over by the leader and rest of them. But I have family and a boyfriend to take care of. I can’t humanly possibly serve way too many people. The decision was critical and necessary.
Anyway, that’s just to give you a hint as to why it’s hard especially for asian women to play Torn.