Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Upcoming changes to halloweek

Started by Orange_Walrus [2601735] on in General Discussion.

86 replies · 4.63k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 87 / 87 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

IndyCision [2597200]

I believe what he meant was: all of those really low level inactive accounts which left shortly after creating their account would not give as many treats, so everyone would be having to attack "real" accounts which had trained up stats.

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

What faction perks would be useful for Halloweek? Pretty sure it will be all of our first event, so doubt many eCans will be used

Beerson [1576144]

I would hope that if such massive changes (changing treat chance according to FF) were planned, it would be communicated way ahead and not a mere month before the event starts.

 

With the amount of attacks an active participant does during Halloweek (~100 a day), getting so many targets in your FF range takes quite some while, you can't just look up people around your stats in HoF after all.

 

Hopefully the planned changes are mostly just positive tweaks, not something that would negatively mess with our favorite event.

It's better if the event is good but the game lags and maybe crashes (we'll still complain in our discords) then if the event is shit and nobody would care much if it was lagging.

Hogfather [330973]

If you need any assistance with setting up the live streams, feel free to let us know. 

Especially if you're capturing your screen through something like Streamlabs OBS.

CockyNudist [2209950]

I would personally enjoy a fair fight modifier on treats.

 

I would personally not enjoy literally any other incentive that could be implemented to attack actives over inactives.

 

 

 

So here's hoping Halloween doesn't become even more of a nightmare for me. 

Beerson [1576144]

Look at the badge in my profile sig.

I could've done a lot better, didn't use all my job points and wasn't using best cans/FHCs. Also I spent most of the event finishing upgrades so I didn't get that much energy back from treats.

Matty_h [48911]

On a bad day, people using 500-700E from job points, 750e from Xanax, 150E from refill, 600E from FHC

 

You’re looking at comfortably over 2k E a day or 80 hits with me underselling it and not counting eggs, stocks etc

 

Then a minimum 11% revit (to be better than spooky at top basket) makes that 88 hits. 

So you’re basically at 100 hits before you even factor in eggs, stocks or dark energy from treat exchanges. (Obviously prox won’t exchange but he’s got the treat per hour and the interest upgrade)

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

There is a temptation to buy all of those upgrades before Cthulhu so I can still use inflation, but my prediction for when I reach 9999 is already cutting it fairly close to the end of the event, so I probably won't do that.