Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scammer Alert

Started by RacistPigeon [2221019] on in General Discussion.

22 replies · 898 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Bluffer_Fish [1691090] ×1

Shooby [2510470]

Are you telling me this fella's trades are in fact, not elite?

Consider me bamboozled. Absolutely hecked.

I can not believe this.

hammi [2235955]

Mr P. Seller has been plying these sort of trades for as long as I've been in torn, its not exactly something new tbh

RacistPigeon [2221019]

Good Eve, i now see other posts have been made against said scammer. I just made this hoping that a couple noobs would see it and save their hard earned pennies from being stolen from them. That is all :), 

 

Thank you and have a good day :)

Asshole [949262]

What exactly is the scam here? All you need to do is download some pron and save it in the blank dvds to convert them to erotic dvds.

dunmugmeh [538353]

I think some factions are so desperate to get good active members they will recruit anyone to join them. 

 

I dont think thats good enough to be honest. Its far far better to recruit players of stature in the game.

 

The scammy/cheaty buffoons are more trouble than they are worth despite them being active players. It spreads a bad name in the game for the faction and good honest player.s would never join them, curtailing their future faction recruitment and hurting the faction in the medium/long term.

 

On a side note. I think the factions which have tonnes of sub factions are just asking for trouble they are going to end up with lots of waifs and strays. The semi active, the multis, the scammers, the buffoons.

 

Some factions do need to slim themselves down and focus on keeping the core strong.

DEFCON [3118703]

Wasn't aware of this, will bring it up. Every faction has had it's fair share of bad apples. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Taxxon [882264]

I tried recruiting him and he straight up told me what he was about.

 

I suspect the same was done when he was recruited to WiT.

dunmugmeh [538353]

You dont want a player like him in your faction.

 

It might be appealing to recruit a good active player like him. But it isnt right. The baggage he brings with his scammyness will be very off putting to most players and you will be losing out in recruitment because they dont want to be in a faction with a player like him.

 

Its right to be ruthless and intrepid when playing this game. I am a old player in this game. I might look like a semi retired veteran but im not. I am ruthless and very intrepid.

 

It isnt a good look to have cheaters or scammers in your faction even if they are strong good active players. It just looks bad.

 

If i ever saw any nonsense in my faction i would squash it instantly without mercy.

 

Things have to be right in the game 1 player like me is better than 10 scammers/cheater multis.

 

I suppose i can be quite naggy.  But i try to not nag my faction too much. I suppose most factions want drones/yes men to join them. 

 

There is value in the 'drones' 'yes men' i suppose. getting stuff done.

 

I would never be in a faction which recruits the undesirables like scammers/multis