Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Horse racing

Started by Alpacamybags [2106093] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
Alpacamybags [2106093]

Most horses are showing as suspended usually around 27 mins before the race, and 4-5 previously available races totally vanished from bookies.

 

Around 3.40 torn time for the 4.40 onwards uk and Ireland races 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I will ask Dima to check if there are any issues, but from what I have read from the devs there were a lot of non-runners in the race that you are referring to, which is why the provider suspended the betting options.

Alpacamybags [2106093]

It was all races from 5pm till the last at 8.30 that vanished 27 mins before the actual start time and every race for the next 4-5 races of the time of report that was suspended.

It wasn’t one isolated race but all races had some form of glitch for the majority of the afternoon

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Please post here if this happens again, this needs to be troubleshot by the devs when the issue is actively happening to see if the issue is with the provider's data or with our system.

Alpacamybags [2106093]

OK. I did post when it was happening but of course the report wasn’t looked at then, as bug reports take time to look at.

I may even go wild and take some screenshots

Alpacamybags [2106093]

Current update CJ

 

bookies stopping showing any races after the 27/28 mins

 

2pm UK time race at Huntingdon not showing 

1.53pm UK time was showing up until about 30 mins before the race 

Alpacamybags [2106093]

Update, I placed a tiny bet on a race and kept it open without refreshing the page. 

With 17 mins till the race started I tried to place another bet

 

“This betting was suspended by the bookie”

 

so seems the bookies (either external or internal) are suspending betting long before the race kicks off.

 

Not much more info I can give, a dev needs to look at this stage 😀

dimochkin [2430831] Admin Staff

Hello, Alpacamybags.

 

I see what you mean. We've reached out to our provider about it.

It seems they started closing all UK betting (at least for now) ~20-30m before the start.

Alpacamybags [2106093]

Hey Dimo, thank you for looking for me, it’s much appreciated.

 

Would it be possible to find out a) why and b) if this is a long term thing?

 

Will this just be for horses, or all UK betting including football etc?

dimochkin [2430831] Admin Staff

Would it be possible to find out a) why and b) if this is a long term thing?

I'm afraid this we won't be able to know. I think it's related to where they get the data.

 

Will this just be for horses, or all UK betting including football etc?

No, it concerns Horse Racing only. Any other sport shouldn't be affected.