Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

NPC Life Bug

Started by Hemigidius [2157705] on in Bugs & Issues.

30 replies · 1.23k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Based on the comments, I am happy to refer this to Joshua to decide if we need to make further changes. I made the decision based on the fact that these were literally a Level 1 loots being awarded once every 2 hours or so and assumed the community would be happier to let their energy not have been for nothing.

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Probably should have been reverted but man, you guys go waaay to hard way too early on what was clearly a gesture of goodwill. 

Hemigidius [2157705]

I mean they won't be happy to lose loot sure, but we're thinking from a "fairness" standpoint. Thanks for moving this up the ladder!

Hemigidius [2157705]

This has nothing to do with jealousy, I don't even sell anything i loot, i give it away. Read my previous comments on page 1 to understand my reasoning.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Hi, CJ had understandably been trying to give me a bit of a break but I am back now and will make the final call on this case. 

 

Yes, it should not have been permitted. Whilst it is a bug, and whilst its extremely minor, I don't think this particular instance would be fair to leave as it is. Whilst we are happy to do gestures of good will for certain things previously, and no doubt will have cases where that's relevant in the future too, I don't feel we can do that in this instance.

 

My reasoning here being that if we do allow this then it A. Undermines the staff's already correct comments that this should be avoided as potential bug abuse and B. Just gives the impression that people can get a free shot at this without consequence. 

 

As a result I will be removing the loot, and won't be restoring any energy expended - you took that chance and got the attack statistics - but again you don't get the energy restored because its otherwise just a free shot at potential bug abuse until we make a judgement call. 

 

As I have stated before:

Bug abuse is obviously something we take extremely seriously; from time to time, bugs will inevitably appear within the game, and we fully accept and apologise for these unforeseen errors - they are entirely are our fault. Nevertheless, our culpability does not give players an excuse to abuse these errors.

 

 

 

I will be contacting each of the following to remove their gains, thank you CJ for your assistance in getting me that information so quickly. 

 

inflation [1921241] 
Feathery Hotel Coupon
Concussion Grenade
Can of Taurine Elite
Nail Bomb
Sand


reperspliter [883698] 
Can of Taurine Elite


_GirthQuake_ [889450] 
Sand
Nail Bomb


frostedclaws [1446761]
Feathery Hotel Coupon
Concussion Grenade


Da_Piff [878934] 
Nail Bomb


MBS [1895784]

Concussion Grenade


prastas [1288184] 
Can of Red Cow
Sweatpants
Feathery Hotel Coupon
Nail Bomb


kamas [1009539]
Can of Munster
Concussion Grenade
Feathery Hotel Coupon
Sand
Nail Bomb

Mentions: __-___-___-__ [1921241] · Da_Piff [878934] · frostedclaws [1446761] · kamas [1009539] · MBS [1895784] · prastas [1288184] · reperspliter [883698] · Bug abuse and consequences

Ata [2507441]

I think it was a big deal. Why? Those who were attacking were DELIBERATELY abusing the bug which was so obvious it hurt so this is direct violation of the rules and yes, it showed others that it's ok to abuse the bug and keep the gains.

 

Kudos to bogie for this one and CJ, no offense - it was simply not a good call in the long run but hey, we all have to make judgement calls here or there.

Pakliuvom [1676337]

Thanks for making the right call. Especially with the TTT currently running, giving the exploiters those extra competition numbers in the Looting category when they weren't legally obtained would have been especially egregious.