Yes this is another quitting torn post.
Yes it's going to be long
Yes I'm not the most prominent player on torn nor do I think I'll be missed all that much by the community.
No I don't care if you're happy to see me go.
Now with that out of the way let's get into the meat of it.
So let me preface this with a bit of what's been going on in my life that my faction (more so Monarch Cupid over all of Monarch) has been told about as well as some close friends. And I'll Add in things I haven't told either yet.
Irl Issues -
Well to start a lot of things have gone on in the last year of my personal life causing a massive crisis on my mental state. Between almost losing my thumb and even now not having full mobility in it and constant aching in it throughout the day, getting into a wreck (other driver at fault), finding out that what i believed to be a close family member of mine only tolerates me because i give them money, having 2 people close to me in my life pass away, having about ten people close to folks that i'm personally close with pass away or in one case having found cancer. The list doesn't stop there but it would take more time than i have energy at this point to list it all. The point is in my personal life my heart is heavy and the depression has been whittling away at me for a long time to the point that i've lost a lot of energy in just taking care of my own needs let alone dealing with a game that i've been fairly competitive on since i started truly playing.
Now you might ask. Why not just retire for awhile, sell your assets and drop everything in caymans or have a friend hold some things for awhile.
Why -
The biggest reason I'm not just retiring for awhile is because of the actions that have taken place recently by staff. I have a long history of playing community oriented games and staffing on various games and servers for games to understand how difficult it can be behind the scenes and how hard it can be to pass judgement and handle community issues. At the end of the day any major decision will always have people for and against the decision. The biggest issue isn't so much on the decision itself but rather the decision to try to curate the community discussion on the matter rather than letting the wick burn itself out so to speak. I did a lot of digging to find any evidence against the 4 and will say if you're curious where I stand. Herr should be banned while the other 3 got caught in a case that was entirely his fault. Klash thankfully was unbanned but his name was slandered and he was accused of criminal actions that only got "slightly" cleared up in a single post in the middle of 500 posts that most people probably haven't seen. His name's been ruined and nothing has been or most likely will be done by staff to clear this up. The reason this troubles me... I know I'm not those 4 and people tend to have a "Not My monkey, Not my circus" mentality about these kinds of things, but rather this is everyone's circus. Torn only works and functions because of the community at the end of the game. The game itself is not some complex developed system with a triple A budget. It's a community driven game with a bit of math behind the scenes. Watching the way the community was handled when they wanted to speak up about the situation and get clarification that If never happened would have resulted in Klash STILL being fedded to this day. There are way too many games out there to stress over whether or not because an idiot (Herr) decides to stand a little close to me it could cause years to decades of time and investment into a game and a community to just disappear, Personally I play games to unwind from all of the terrible things that weigh on my mind on a regular basis. Not To stress over suddenly losing everything or having my entire name destroyed because No one wants to correct an issue.
So with all that being said. I'll be quitting torn.... I won't be quitting the community but rather the game. I refuse to give this game anymore time, energy or money if i have to worry and stress over losing it all one day due to someone else's idiocy.
Side note. don't bother asking for stuff. Already given away a rig, 2 mines and pretty much everything else i own before making this post. As well as ton's of cash
Let's talk
Started by Artibus [2464843] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 56
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 76 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- FidelCashflow [1993550]
· 6 likes ·
It might be the most f**ked up therapy on the planet if this is like therapy.
Stay strong and take care of yourself!
irl is always nr1
I can't waste my popcorn man, bring more of it
What about your stuff though, can I have it?
later gator
Can I have stuff
Unless Torn is directly related to the troubles in your life or mental state, I'd say don't quit - you'll only be removing yet another thing in your life that you enjoy (or have enjoyed) making it more likely that you're left with nothing more than your troubles and whatever you think about them.
If it is directly related, then you can always take a long holiday.
Either way, whatever you decide to do, farewell! And beware of the vultures!
edit-shit take on boring situation
I think part of your post is missing
Torn is like a therapy, I don't see reason to leave really. That being said, take care of yourself out there.
Can I haz what’s left of your stuffs?
In all seriousness, it’s always sad to see another player go, hopefully Torn gets better and you’re willing to return.
Understood, enjoy your life.
It might be the most f**ked up therapy on the planet if this is like therapy.
Here for your stuff thank you in advance
Smooth sailing friend.
Will bogie ever accept that he overracted and apologize? Nope, comment controlling scumbag that guy.
Well... the Scientologists have something called Auditing... Probably no need to get into all that though
Yes, im getting all your stuff
brother, if you think this is therapy then holy shit you are a f**king psycho
Are you trying to say in the middle of the word salad that the community is the only reason klash and hemi got unbanned? You’ve got a jumbled sentence that’s missing some stuff there so I’m just curious about the clarification.
Maybe don't gossip about stuff that is hearsay if you're worried about losing everything due to the idiocy of others?