Retired
Retiring
Started by JuanDong [1189719] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 83
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 33 / 100
- Story score
- 67 / 100
- Engagement score
- 77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- JuanDong [1189719]
· 87 likes ·
Before someone says it - Figsy_OnlyCans [2452799]
· 34 likes ·
[image: i.postimg.cc] - Malgarth [2308239]
· 34 likes ·
[image: media3.giphy.com]
Before someone says it
I assume you're joking, but if not, I truly hope you or anyone close to you never gets addiction problems, it quite literally f**ks people's lives and families lives up. I'm lucky enough that I got good timing with the Cache casino ban implementation. Who knows where the path could lead long term.
Edit : he was joking, just trying to keep a somewhat serious tone on my initial message to hopefully prevent others falling down the same holes!
holy shit man that's a lot of caches.
Gambling is a real problem for many people. it hurts to see players, especially those I know, to quit the game from rinsing all their money in caches.
imo the best thing about torn is the friends we make here though,
glad to see you’re not quitting OP, hopefully you’re able to recoup some of the losses from the cache gambling, gl man
Thanks for sharing, I hope you find more joy in Torn and elsewhere in 2025. It's kinda crazy to think about the "human cost" of caches in general and the market does seem to be kept afloat by these kinds of stories. I agree the self ban was well fought for by the community and rightly implemented by Ched and co.
I've always been quite a coward and even when I vaguely think about buying one for Christmas or something I can't really take the stress of even thinking about pulling a yellow hammer or something, I don't take loss very well and I'm kinda glad of this trait when I see this kind of thing.
I looked at your trading thread and there are some truly fantastic weapons that you acquired, best of luck selling them.
I was my dude. I'm happy you recognise the issue and got over it, oh and don't expect condescendence from the world or play victim because you're an adict. It's no one fault. Now make sure it's not a casino ban system the reliable shit to avoid other mistakes.
EDIT: I was in treatment for 3 months on a 12 steps program.
Hell yeah, Dude. I'm proud of you. As an addict in recovery myself, I know it was probably hard af to press that button.
Keep on Keeping on, my friend!
Yeah this is a great game but I have that personality too. But didn't go half as far.
Good to recognize
The problem with me is I'll get bored and try a couple then chase a goal I think I should hit ie revitalize eod whatever.
Then anything will get sold to keep opening. I'll check out your weapons you got them in display or what
Edit I see the sale thread nvm
Get better bro
Appreciate your advanced wep insight in a chat or two
good to cut yourself off
if nothing else, you have gained a wealth of information relating to advanced weps
Gj. Put money in stocks!
Many times over I would sell all my stuff, get full Sentinel and a strong weapon load out, sell it all, end up on 5b, open more caches. Get up to 20b, spend it all in *Literally* 15 minutes chasing the dragon. Rinse and repeat lots of times, topping up with dps along the way. Sometimes I'd get lucky on my last 500m and open EOD, starting a new cycle of doom.
Did you get 52 Reds
Despite the thousands total the most surprising to me is still the 32 heavy arms ones lol
Nice way of trying to get some quick sales to go on another cache spree. GG
Btw, THIS is a lot of caches:
Thats an insane amount of cache’s. Glad you’re getting better, gambling addiction can really ruin your life and it sucks to see. seen plenty of family/friends/even randoms at the casino lose it all trying to win big.
Cache me ousside