Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn on App or browser

Started by HOLUX [509465] on in General Discussion.

70 replies · 848 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 71 / 71 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
71
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

HOLUX [509465]

Yes, there's a poll! 

 

Also, please discuss - would love to see an opinions of players who tred both. 

I'm playing of chrome, thinking of trying the App, are there some thoughts on 'better' browsers to play? 

 

Thanks and please no derailing! xD 

 

RealTeel [3008047]

I use TornPDA, and I feel like I can do things as efficiently (if not more efficiently) with it.

 

It is possible I am just more used to it..

Hopslam [795412]

I’m pretty much iPhone only at this point, so no app for me.  Browser is fine.  Would probably be nice to have notifications and all that fun stuff, but honestly I think if I was getting notifications every 5 hours or even more frequently for over 10 years, I’d probably hate that.  Sometimes it’s nice to not have all those reminders and phone notifications , and just live life. Yeah I’d probably be better at the game with an app, but oh well. 

MunkyBone [2493877]

I did have the app installed for the longest time, but fell back into the habit of browser when Samsung caused that issue with screen sizing.

 

I should try the app again, even if just for the notifications.

Callaghan [1316121]

PDA. A while ago I did a speed test and the official app was significantly slower than the browser experience. They may have fixed it since then, but PDA serves me needs much better.

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Yandex for war and speed

Kiwi for torntools

Torn app sucks

Torn pda for free stock notification. Suck for war. My noobs use it. I keep nagging at them coz they are slow

 

Oh I play with 3 phones. Never in pc/ laptop. 

Shooby [2510470]

I just use browser.

 

The App and PDA are both substantially slower from my experiences on mobile. I guess since I mug less, it's not as much of a big deal now; but I still prefer faster navigation and don't really use any of the features of either apps anyway. 

Brockman5000 [1461425]

I'm 99% mobile. That being said, I have and use the official Torn app and PDA, but i mainly play through one of my browsers. I have and bounce between Edge, Chrome, and Kiwi browser, mainly for the speed and tools.

 

Five different ways to play and they all get used because all the tools I use only work on one or another browser. It is exhausting to play during some events and times of the year. 

Oya [2142206]

Chrome on PC & Mobile via Torn PDA... using items / switching loadouts on PDA and making the attack nearly simultaneously on PC. 

TexasTuberTim [3069367]

Both.  I have a strong preference for PC.  Multiple tabs open on multiple screens is often necessary.  That said, I am not at my computer all day.  PDA is also essential.  The mobile app is quite good but I am not going to try to war on it as an example.

 

Andy0 [3103808]

Both, easier to do stuff on PC but app is good for when your not at home. Plus much easier to access external programs like yata, torn exchange, torn stats, etc on PC cuz you don't have to switch from one app to another on phone which can be quite annoying on slower phones