Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn on App or browser

Started by HOLUX [509465] on in General Discussion.

70 replies · 848 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 71 / 71 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Piccolo [2693254] Reporter

I use torn mainly on browser for mobile, but I also use Torn PDA for scripts and various things as well. 

So as a mobile only player, I prefer both 😆

 

Smol-Nub [2330491]

On laptop I use Edge.

 

On phone Kiwi browser, but scripts stopped working so should maybe find something else 🤷‍♂️

I use Torn PDA for notifications, and recently downloaded the official Torn app only for the private chat notifications. 

Mikzcool [3203942]

TornPDA for notifications. Be constantly informed with Drug Cooldown, Energy and Nerve is full, flight times and more. Also bunch of scripts and hot keys too.

DeathFoundry [2097532]

I play mostly on a desktop with Zen browser(firefox based)...i only use the app for popping xanax and stuff while I'm at work, not a fan of mobile torn at all for warring

Mead [1394423] Committee Committee

Even with the speed and performance improvements of both browser and phone app, there's no way in hell I'm doing anything significant in Torn on my phone.

 

I guess it's what you're used to but I cannot understand why some people prefer doing everything on their phone. Not the ones who have no choice, the ones who deliberately choose phone over laptop or PC. More power to you, I just don't get it.

Brockman5000 [1461425]

If i could, I would play on a laptop/PC. I could bring my laptop to work and play, but I have to be mobile because I found it to be easier and quicker for me to get stuff done AND get work done at the same time. After 7 or 8 years (give or take) of just doing it with a phone, I've gotten good muscle memory and I gotten quicker reaction to events and attacks. Mobile Warriors unite! Lol

Heasleys4hemp [1468764] Committee Committee

I have an Android.

 

Firefox Mobile + Tampermonkey & scripts + ReTorn is what I use on mobile. It works really well for me. Although, during wars PC is best.

 

 

I never really saw the appeal of TornPDA. It has some usefulness for notifications but the in app browser isn't great for my needs.

 

The Torn app is great for notifications and generally is fast for me, but I can't use scripts or ReTorn with it so it's not my first choice.

pussy [2797641]

i feel like people also war a lot better on pc too, i do like the functionality of pda when im away from home though

narO [2312928]

Kiwi browser on mobile because you can install torntools on it.

 

But I still log into the app occasionally so I get extra notifications from it, and to use the widget for my always on screen so I can see my energy even when my phone screen is off 

SanchoProdding [1044045]

My phone is kinda old and i don't feel safe enough to "really play" on mobile, like... PDA crashes every time I commit a cracking crime there.

Monosect [2765444]

I use both, as they have their purpose.

I use TornPDA if I cannot reach my PC and training after bed, and I use PC for heavier gameplay like faction war.

Though, tbh, I prefer using my PC because it feels just right personally, and also because my phone is slow as shit.

CODE_AI [1932468]

I test several browser and for me the best is chrome with some touchs in tools always in my phone , I tested opera , opera gx , maxthon , firefox  ( the most impressive on pc not phone ) and in old times Baidu ( I remember this Chinese charging very fast in chains ) but anyway no one quit me from chrome today working very god on 2 phones Xiaomi .

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

By app I mean Torn PDA.

 

I'll use my PC browser for some things though, but it's rare. Heck I even do all my spreadsheets from my phone these days 🤷‍♀️

Ata [2507441]

But you have a dozen people here telling you already. There's Torn official app and then you have Torn PDA app. Even Torn devs endorsed PDA over their own app AFAIK.

 

Edit, here:

 

Callaghan:
PDA. A while ago I did a speed test and the official app was significantly slower

 

DedeSiregar:
Torn app sucks. Torn pda for free stock notification

 

Shooby:
The App and PDA are both substantially slower

 

Brockman:
I have and use the official Torn app and PD
 
Smol-Nub:
I use Torn PDA for notifications, and recently downloaded the official Torn app

 

Heasley:
I never really saw the appeal of TornPDA. The Torn app is great for notifications