Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Can we please stop.....

Started by Chuck_Norris [2544593] on in General Discussion.

38 replies · 1.19k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Chuck_Norris [2544593]

Hola, Walker Texas Ranger coming to you, the good citizens of tornDOTcom, with a plea.  I know what you're thinking What could this plea be about? and Would the real Chuck Norris really going to pleas me? And the answer to both these questions is yes.  

 

On 27 August 2024, Chardburn made the unilateral decision to fix the Points market with Refills2.0. Increasing the cost of refills to 30 points brought stability to the points market and reduced the inflation figures to the manageable forecasted range that Lt_Wolf has identified as acceptable for a fun gaming experience.

 

While this change greatly benefited players who flew for a living, it made things harder for us regular folk.  This change inadvertently made Mathematics a key skill needed to survive.  Now, I don't know about you, but I didn't start playing a crime simulator to do maths.  I started playing so I could watch porn, take drugs and go to the gym, and also play Torn on my mobile.  

 

How the f*ck am I supposed to figure out how many days of refills I have left so I can plan ahead?!?!

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

It's hard enough that factions make people read newsletters and somehow reading has become a skill needed to even play this game.  This is a rallying cry to everyone (I think) so that no more players feel burned out. Let's not let the nerds take over.  

 

[image: i.imgflip.com]

 

[image: i.imgflip.com]

Mentions: Upcoming points building changes

pestilence101 [445588]

To be fair, Leslie is also part of the problem.

 

I want the ability to easily buy 1-5 points at a time so I can at least make a nice round number after I win a single point off the wheel.

RobberHood [2361494]

What in the actual flying f**k is this? I thought Chuck Norris doesn't do division but points round themselves into multiples of 30 for Chuck Norris or something. Starting to sound like Danny Dyer up in here smh. Just roundhouse kick those points bruh.

Necess [3191404]

I thought Chuck Norris was a perpetual motion machine that didn't need energy refills, or so the numerous Chuck Norris facts have told me.