Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Please stop using acronyms

Started by Cerberos [2328618] on in General Discussion.

64 replies · 975 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

FirstL15ht [2342206]

You have a great idea, you just need change your thinking a little.  You have found a problem, ie acronyms could be confusing; instead of solving the problem by asking everyone else to stop using it, solve the problem by providing a real solution - Torn City acronym dictionary.  You will get more karma by:

 

  1. Starting a thread to compile commonly used acronyms and their definitions.
  2. Rally the community and create a script / plugin to provide definition when a user highlights an acronym [+ trigger]
Yoink [3418277]

You think acronyms are random? Fine. Let’s test that.

  • GQWTF – Grand Queen’s War Torn Festival
  • HJDSF – Happy Jump Death Squad Force
  • BSBL – Bro Sucks at Basic Literacy :|


FatChocobo [2677576]

aww, i dont really understand these kinds of jokes.

The other day my friend told me the same kind of joke, he said "you should try TN", I asked "what is a TN?", he said "TN your mama". I guess I am too old

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

You know, now that I'm in this particular mindset of a 13 yo boy, "fatchocobo" sounds like it could easily be a joke on the same level of maturity 😂

Knirt [3033570]

I play mostly on tablet and hate touch screen keyboards, I usually only use 3 letters for names in guild chat unless I'm trying to tag someone.  If it's not formal I only care that it's mostly understandable.   When given newbies advice I often spell most of it out.

 

That said the first time I seen sfak I thought it was a typo for sack...

BobrKurwa [2841258]

Lmao just hj for rw and OC to get better nnb.

Stuff is more complicated in oc2. Maybe not optimal to go with balanced idk.

If you are rich you can use fhc, but certainly edvd is best way to go.

Remember to keep roi high for investments ftw. So like max bank merits.

Really liked shorter investments for start. So can pay pi etc.

Don't spend to rw gear, before getting higher in hof networth.

Maybe too much min maxing.