Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing

Started by GrumpyKnight79 [3681633] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 253 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
17
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
GrumpyKnight79 [3681633]

What is the point after 25 races of racing in a new class when you can't finish higher than 4th and most times you are in last?

How are you suppose to be able to upgrade parts and get better if you never get any points to do so

zombie4 [3460907]

Getting good at racing takes a while, you will fail a lot but eventually you start to get points after your racing skill goes up. I'd recommend saving racing points throughout the ranks to help upgrade your car after you rank up. You just got to be patient.

RapidAssassin [2781031]

What is the point after 25 races of racing in a new class when you can't finish higher than 4th and most times you are in last?

 

Just finish higher than 4th and not last?

 

How are you suppose to be able to upgrade parts and get better if you never get any points to do so

 

Just get points...

Ant [1978997]

There'll be days where all you do is finish in the bottom three, no matter how good you are. Just keep at it and eventually you'll start winning. There are also some guides out there if you're wondering what to upgrade or how much points you should be saving for the next class.

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=21&t=15963648 Here's one of BALDR's posts which contains a bunch of good information along with links to other racing guides.

Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr

TartanSpartan [3135704]

Do races throughout the day then at night jump into a 100 lap XP race just for extra points. I started racing a few months ago and I'm only now starting to win the odd race, I seem to do well on the Mudpit & Stone Park tracks. Every other track I place last or 2nd last but I keep on racing, I hate the Vector Race Course lol. I have a Cosworth and many other cars so it's a work in progress, I've been trying to find the right car for each track.

Blessed be 🙏 🙂