What is the point after 25 races of racing in a new class when you can't finish higher than 4th and most times you are in last?
How are you suppose to be able to upgrade parts and get better if you never get any points to do so
Started by GrumpyKnight79 [3681633] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
What is the point after 25 races of racing in a new class when you can't finish higher than 4th and most times you are in last?
How are you suppose to be able to upgrade parts and get better if you never get any points to do so
Getting good at racing takes a while, you will fail a lot but eventually you start to get points after your racing skill goes up. I'd recommend saving racing points throughout the ranks to help upgrade your car after you rank up. You just got to be patient.
i just press the button without even thinking and sometimes i win
What is the point after 25 races of racing in a new class when you can't finish higher than 4th and most times you are in last?
Just finish higher than 4th and not last?
How are you suppose to be able to upgrade parts and get better if you never get any points to do so
Just get points...
SeaLion is right - just takes time.
It's entirely possible to get to class A without spending a single racing point. I did it as a challenge - see here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=16&t=16344518
Mentions: Class A without spending a point!
2 words - Racing Skill
Git gud, sounds like a skill issue.
Well first you have to stop being Grumpy lol
Hang in there. It just takes time. Keep at it.
Seriously impressive.
There'll be days where all you do is finish in the bottom three, no matter how good you are. Just keep at it and eventually you'll start winning. There are also some guides out there if you're wondering what to upgrade or how much points you should be saving for the next class.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=21&t=15963648 Here's one of BALDR's posts which contains a bunch of good information along with links to other racing guides.
Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr
Have you like, I dunno, read a guide?
Do races throughout the day then at night jump into a 100 lap XP race just for extra points. I started racing a few months ago and I'm only now starting to win the odd race, I seem to do well on the Mudpit & Stone Park tracks. Every other track I place last or 2nd last but I keep on racing, I hate the Vector Race Course lol. I have a Cosworth and many other cars so it's a work in progress, I've been trying to find the right car for each track.
Blessed be 🙏 🙂
Moved to QnA
Adding on to other comments though this may not appeal to you as you're just starting out.
Working in a mechanic shop allows players to exchange JP to RP.