Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A democratic scam(?)

Started by Mistral [2717731] on in Graveyard.

27 replies · 531 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mistral [2717731]

Before you guys judge me, IM NOT KEEPING ANY OF THE MONEY!!!! 

 

When I rejoined the game last month after quitting for 2 years, I remembered the name VandalizingMou5 but forgotten pretty much everything else. We started talking a lot, just about the game and random stuff. He eventually shared a picture of himself after I realized I couldn't even remember if I'd ever seen him (I had a picture of myself in my pfp). Turns out he was 50, married, with kids older than me. A little weird, but we were mostly talking about in game stuff so i didn’t really care.

 

But last week, Mouse decided he wanted to build a faction. I asked him about it and if he needed any help. He pitched the faction as a place where members have a voice a democracy of sorts, unlike his last faction. I thought it was a great idea and happily joined. I asked my old faction leader, left on good terms, and started helping right away. (after this)


VandalizingMou5: Welcome
Mistral: what do you want me to do?
VandalizingMou5: Be cute and powerful
13:45:19 - 22/04/25
...
Mistral: i can help with recruiting and stuff
what’s the goal of the faction, just cache farming?
or do you actually want to build up a strong base
VandalizingMou5: I want to build the faction.
VandalizingMou5: Where I view stuff differently is members have a voice.
If I'm an effective leader the faction should run fine without me having to "give orders"

So, I started to help. I recruited 12 out of the 13 members (excluding me and mouse). I donated multiple sets of combat gear, RW weapons, DBK’s, and a few other things. I was pretty much handling everything, answering questions in faction chat, sending everyone xanax etc. He made me co-leader.

 

In between all this faction stuff, I got scammed. Some RR Scammer named King_DJ asked me for 300m. Stupid mistake, but I gave it to him. I saw his friends to enemies ratio like 5 seconds after I sent it 🤩🤩🤩.

 

I went to my leader about it. He asked who it was and offered to place bounties back on king. Okay, great!! I also got to recover some money by having him clear my bounties

 

Mistral: could you take my bounties?
someone scammed me out of 300m and is refusing to pay back
VandalizingMou5: who scammed you
Mistral: king_dj
VandalizingMou5: to answer your question. yes i'd love to smack you around lol
Mistral: i should have known but i decided to show kindness

The next day, 300m lands in my faction balance. From Mouse. I asked if he got the money back from King_DJ. Nope. He just... gave it to me. Said it was for "a different reason." It felt a little weird. I sent it back. I wasn't looking for a handout and I didn’t really know what to think. What "different reason"?

 

Mistral: did we get the money back?
VandalizingMou5: No I want you happy
If you get it back awesome
Mistral: it’s okay
i’ll get it back when i get it back i don’t want to take handouts
VandalizingMou5: It's not a handout
I did it for a different reason
Mistral: what reason would that be
Yesterday 14:06
VandalizingMou5: Not saying, I will let you guess
Mistral: good answer 😂

 

At the same time as this, I was talking to King_DJ's faction leader. He was busy with IRL commitments and was only a temporary leader so it made sense why he couldn’t really do anything. Then I get a message from this temp faction leader. He tells me that Mouse is asking for 1.8b from King_DJ. his total NW WAS 1.9b. Once, ever. (it’s now like 500m). Mouse claimed King threatened to raid our faction (which he did, to me) and that justified the 1.8b and paying to raid King's faction. He hadn't told me any of this. I looked a lil stupid telling the leader that King was lying about the 1.8b demand and Mouse never requested it.

(Discord Messages)
Mistral: you asked for 1.8b!?
04/30/2025 10:00 PM
VandalizingMou5: king wanted to just shake hands and walk away
i told him peace was going to cost 1.5b
he didn't like that i bountied him and so he was saying that was why he paid someone to raid us.
Mistral: i just wanted my 300m back 😦
and King_DJ’s leader is telling me that you asked for 1.8
and i had no idea so i told him that king is lying to him
04/30/2025 10:06 PM
VandalizingMou5: king_dj has two different battles doing on
you got scammed out of 300m
i have the faction being raided because i bountied him
he expected me to just drop everything and forget it.
04/30/2025 10:08 PM
Mistral: okay i still don’t appreciate being left out of the conversation
what happened to being democratic🥲
04/30/2025 10:09 PM
VandalizingMou5: simple you are not part of this battle
04/30/2025 10:10 PM
Mistral: seriously
04/30/2025 10:10 PM
VandalizingMou5: he got mad because i bountied him for scamming you
i created my account to where i only have to log in once a week on Tuesday
i can handle any battle that happens. and it has zero effect on me.
04/30/2025 10:10 PM
Mistral: i was hoping that his faction leader would tell him to pay me back or get kicked
which is a lot more difficult when you’re asking for 1.8b and i don’t even know about it
thanks for making me look stupid ig
04/30/2025 10:15 PM
VandalizingMou5: WE ARE FIGHTING TWO DIFFERENT BATTLES WITH THE SAME JACKASS
his faction will be raided
i will be paying for it to be raided
or i may just bounty his leader.
04/30/2025 10:16 PM
Mistral: noooo
omg
his leader didn’t do anything
why would you go after his leader
04/30/2025 10:18 PM
VandalizingMou5: i don't care
04/30/2025 10:18 PM

 

"welp, so much for democracy and members having a voice. He was making enemies on my behalf and undermining my own efforts to fix things. Then he tried to pivot...

(Discord Messages)
VandalizingMou5: tell you what. let’s cut out this drama and work on whatever this is between us.
04/30/2025 10:23 PM
Mistral: i’m going to sleep
04/30/2025 10:24 PM
VandalizingMou5: there appears to be a spark or something
sweet dreams
😘
04/30/2025 10:24 PM

 

A spark? 😭.  I just decided to go offline. The next day on Discord, he finally explained the 300m.

(Discord Messages)
VandalizingMou5: i gve you the money because you seemed bummed that you got scammed out of it
an also i like you
Yesterday at 6:38 PM
Mistral: how could you like me
you barely know me :p
Yesterday at 6:40 PM
VandalizingMou5: true
Yesterday at 6:40 PM
Mistral: i’m crazy on the inside
Yesterday at 6:40 PM
VandalizingMou5: i am a (job) i see your crazy and raise you 10
Yesterday at 6:41 PM
Mistral: well i do like to gamble i play rr all day xD
Yesterday at 6:41 PM
VandalizingMou5: you are a torn ally i know i can somewhat trust
beyond that i haven't done much because of age difference.
Yesterday at 6:41 PM
Mistral: i’m honestly really flattered i thought you just tolerated me but i don’t know what to think
Yesterday at 6:43 PM
VandalizingMou5: i do tolerate people also
Yesterday at 6:43 PM
Mistral: i feel like i still haven’t gotten to know you and ive never really talked to anyone ive liked through the internet
i mean it sounds interesting but idk if i could do it
Yesterday at 6:44 PM
…
VandalizingMou5: lets see where this goes.
heck im probably older than your dad lol
Yesterday at 6:45 PM
Mistral: he’s 1974
almost 51
Yesterday at 6:46 PM
VandalizingMou5: oh then around the same age im also 74
Yesterday at 6:47 PM
mistraliz: do you have kids?
Yesterday at 6:47 PM
VandalizingMou5: yes 3
Yesterday at 6:47 PM
mistraliz: how old are they?
Yesterday at 6:47 PM
VandalizingMou5: .. .. ..
Yesterday at 6:47 PM
mistraliz: i fit right in lol
married?
Yesterday at 6:48 PM
VandalizingMou5: yes
Yesterday at 6:48 PM
mistraliz: hmm

VandalizingMou5: How old are you now?

mistraliz: i’m 17 rn ill be 18 in august

or -128 in torn lol
...
VandalizingMou5: after that little issue with king_jr
i want you lay you over my lap and spank you
Yesterday at 6:51 PM
mistraliz: you just really like spanking huh😂😂
must be a generational thing cause i see it all the time and just don’t get it
it looks painful
Yesterday at 6:52 PM

 

him being married, the age gap, the weird spanking comments...

 

he said this wouldn't affect Torn, that he still needed someone trustworthy. I even sent the 300m back

 

Then King_DJ bountied Mouse. It shouldn’t be a big deal because he brags about making $6m a day which would easily cover revived. But instead it causes him to meltdown on me, just hours after I rejected him🤔🤔

 

VandalizingMou5: after this war i am taking a break from this game for awhile
Today 03:54
VandalizingMou5: the faction will be disolved
mistraliz: wha
whyy
VandalizingMou5: because now im being targetted by spinless little kids
...
VandalizingMou5: i am done
mistraliz: what am i supposed to do then
VandalizingMou5: grow the **** up with this game
mistraliz: okay
Today 04:00
VandalizingMou5: i will be targeted until you basically stop also
mistraliz: well i’m not gonna stop so good luck with your break i guess
why don’t you grow up and deal with it instead of running from it :/
VandalizingMou5: because you didn't want me to get involved
and now im bountied because of you thank you very much
this faction will be dissolved because of you
mistraliz: what do you want now?
are you serious
2 hours ago you were saying i was a trusted ally and you turn on me as soon as you get bountied?
why can’t you have some trust in me
this will be over as soon as i get my money
VandalizingMou5: 2 hours ago i was not aware this shit was still going one
he will not give you any money
...
Mistral: okay walk away but don’t dissolve the faction
i thought we were making something :/
VandalizingMou5: stupid little thinks that happen on here can trigger a very bad anger issue i have
and that effects everyone else to the point it almost cost me everything
so yes i am just going to walk away
mistraliz: is it because of this?
...
VandalizingMou5: this faction is gone as soon as i return to main side of torn
mistraliz: please
VandalizingMou5: by the weekend the faction will be gone unless i have to wait for the RW to end
...
VandalizingMou5: i have learned in the last 4 yrs i can not play with most people
mistraliz: i’m not most people
...
mistraliz: you pitched it to me as a faction that’s democratic because you were tired of your last faction making bad decisions
VandalizingMou5: that was my plan
...
mistraliz: you’re saying i wasn’t a natural leader?
or the people we recruited should have known to be natural leaders???
...
VandalizingMou5: no i am dissolving the faction because i can.
you mentioned you can't run the faction alone
mistraliz: you’re disgusting
VandalizingMou5: if you can't run it alone then you also are not a leader

 

Blamed me for him getting bountied after he went off the rails demanding 1.8 billion and threatening raids without telling me???? Dissolving the faction we just built, where I did almost all the work????

Disgusting.

So, should scammers be punished? Yeah, King_DJ sucks. But I don’t think VandalizingMou5 actions were appropriate or democratic. To hold true to the spirit of the faction, I’ve decided to hold a truly democratic poll and let the people decide what happens with the items and the money. IN ANY CASE, IM NOT GETTING ANY MONEY!!!!! call me robbin rich

 

 

TLDR by chatgpt (yeah i had no idea it got this long mb 😭😭😭)

 

Mistral rejoined a game (Torn) and helped build a new democratic  faction led by VandalizingMou5. Mistral did almost all the work—recruiting, donating gear, organizing. When she got scammed out of 300m by King_DJ, Mouse got involved, but also started acting possessive and weirdly flirtatious, later confessing he liked mistral and making inappropriate comments. Then Mouse escalated the scam situation without telling her demanding 1.8b from King, threatening raids, and blaming her when he got bountied in return. After she rejected him, he flipped, accused her of causing everything, and decided to disband the faction she basically built. She’s now holding a democratic vote on what to do with the faction’s items and money, refusing to keep any herself.

 

4Am [2318684]

TL;DR – Hogwarts Edition 🧙‍♀️

So picture this: I, a returning student to the enchanted realm of Tornwarts, bump into an older wizard I sort of remember — VandalizingMou5, a seasoned sorcerer claiming to want to build a new “House of Democracy” after growing tired of his old authoritarian faction. Sounded noble, so I jumped in, became his right-hand witch, and basically built the whole faction from the ground up. Recruited nearly everyone, supplied enchanted gear, distributed potions (mostly Xanax), and handled most of the chatter in the Common Room.

 

Then — BAM! I get scammed by a shady rogue named King_DJ who dupes me out of 300 million galleons. Mou5 seems helpful at first, even gifts me the gold… but won’t say why. Later? Turns out he didn’t recover it — he just, like, liked me (ew). And not in a normal "thanks for your help" way. More like “I’m-a-married-wizard-and-50-years-old-but-let’s-see-if-we-have-a-spark” way. DOUBLE EW. Also, I’m 17. He knew that.

Meanwhile, Mou5 goes full Death Eater — threatening war, demanding 1.8 BILLION galleons from the scammer’s allies behind my back, making me look like a blundering first-year in front of the other faction leaders. When I ask about the whole "democratic faction" promise? He goes all Voldemort and says, “You’re not part of this battle.”

 

After I reject his weird advances, he melts down like a cursed cauldron — blames me for him getting bountied, says the faction will be dissolved, insults my leadership, and ghosts out of the Great Hall with a dramatic “I’m done!” tantrum.

Moral of the story: I built a Hogwarts house with a wizard who promised equality, but turned out to be just another controlling Slytherin with boundary issues. I’m now holding a real vote on what to do with the faction treasure — because I’m not here for gold, I’m here for what’s right.

Call me Robbin’ Rich. 🦉✨

Grafiti [1557036]

Unc is giving me massive creep vibes. Making inappropriate comments even after being told you are 17.

 

Edit: He even changed the faction name.

Ar53_Hol [2430424]

I don’t care if age makes is legal, but hitting on someone younger than your kids is top tier creepy. 

Then his behaviour patterns after being rejected, I wouldn’t want my kids (also around ops age) living on the same street as him. I hope he’s on a watch list somewhere 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

He pitched the faction as a place where members have a voice—a democracy of sorts.

 

First mistake ever. Gathering input is fine, but leaving all decisions to a vote will halt the faction’s growth.

 

Growth is always painful. Even babies cry night and day when they’re teething—it makes their gums itchy and irritated. Most people don’t want growth. They want convenience and ease.

 

Making hard decisions is part of a leader’s job. So don’t pick leaders based on how you feel about them or how long have you known them. Choose based on competence and wisdom.

 

As for the rest, I don’t read. Just send me monies plis :)

Level100Coochie [2983838]

block that guy OP and trust your instincts and protect yourself first and foremost when dudes seem old and creepy on here. 

if you wanna run a faction, go for it, but however you go about it don't talk to that dude again and get a fresh start, if you gotta walk away from some pixel money or eat some bounties or whatever for a while, that's a good price for a creep-free gaming experience 

Emerix [2187675]

he said this wouldn't affect Torn, that he still needed someone trustworthy. I even sent the 300m back

 

You sent the 300m back. The poll is moot. Grave this and move on.