Absolute wealth of information here, fantastic description and explanation of what info is pulled, stored ect keep up the good work you awesome mofo
TornPal Response
Started by Glasnost [1844049] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 216 / 216 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Honestly, you shouldn't have to go to these lengths to clear your name.
As a developer myself, I do believe this highlights why API related rules questions should be exclusively handled by staff who are also developers or sufficiently technical enough to moonlight as one.
Reserved
Might as well reserve as well 😂 god knows why everyone else has
Yeah, I am on board with that and I hope when the developer who handles the API is back, he can help clear up this mess.
Frankly, it has annoyed me no end.
Why are people saying reserved, am I missing something?
Seems pretty crazy that this post was even necessary.
I reserved many posts so I could add it uninterrupted, so many people clicked before my whole thing was added, so have extended the joke :)
Not reading all that magn0.
Ohhhh that makes sense 😭😂
the lady doth protest too much
Question:
so.......why can't the FF with limited key be separate from the bazaar part of the ""tools"?
I feel the only "issue" is that to use the FF script you have to give more permissions for it to work but why does that extra permissions need to mingle with the public use and public keys of the bazaar portion of the tools, weather you make money is fine. I just would like to know that the extra API level needed "just for the FF script to work" was only used in the FF portion
thanks
It is possible, but would need to be rewritten and segmented away which is hard to do at the moment with my time limitations.
However, the initial design is to reduce API request volume. If I get all the data in one request, it is more efficient than having different keys request different data individually.
At this point, I actually think this isn't the approach to go, and have another model in mind to maybe open source a standalone ffscouter, so in theory factions, or groups or factions etc could run their own ffscouter server and choose who the information is shared with in private pools not held by one entity. But, that is a project for another day.
Reserved
Man. All this stuff may be a fun project and fun to do and fun to play around with. Building up the tools and services and business all around it. But you gotta know it’s not gonna be worth it for the long term. Short term it can lots of fun. The building up is what brings a lot of people the joy. The only way all this time and effort you put in becomes worth it to you long term, is if Ched takes you on and pays you for services, or does something to compensate outside of in game stuff. Otherwise, no matter how much of an empire you build, no matter how much in game wealth you build, no matter how much fun you have putting it all together building and maintaining, no matter how much praise you get from the community, it’s just not gonnna be worth it to continue to put that much time and effort into it all. Sooner or later you will see that the in game benefits of doing all that just aren’t worth it. Good luck in navigating this in Torn. May you find a way to avoid the inevitable burnout and disappearance.
Kind of wild this was necessary. Hopefully this is the last of the drama.
When do we all plan to throw rocks at the tornstats developers?
Sorry you had to put up with the bs, users is one thing but when staff are parroting falsehoods and pinning them its a whole different level, I hope you get some kind of retraction on that.
Attacking first and walking it back later seems to *be becoming normalized behavior for staff and it's painful to watch.
Sorry you're having to spend so much time and energy defending your love of the game, and the time and effort you've invested into our community. Thank you for giving back to the players, instead of just taking away from our experience.
We appreciate you, Glasnost. We see you and we honor you.
Thank you.
Not 100% sure what I read but public api is public info.
good luck.