Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Meditating

Started by Ave-satanas [3773867] on in Paranormal.

12 replies · 70 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Xaomin [3705315]

It can be paranormal. But I understand why you put this thread in this forum. There is no spiritually forum. 

 

But I've tried meditation in a few ways. 🧘‍♂️ through yoga, and grounding. And also meditation as a form of divination. I've also tried meditation the way my doctor suggested for mindfulness and helping with anxiety.

Ave-satanas [3773867]

Did it work for you? And hell ya buddy, love to hear it people who meditate. Many people complain they don't have the time or they aren't able to meditate. Just scared of the unknown. 

Xaomin [3705315]

I agree. And yes, what worked for me the most is mindfulness and grounding. In my experience grounding meditation works best for reducing stress and anxiety in the short term, and the mindfulness meditation has helped with teaching my nervous system better ways to cope, and  handle stress and helps with more long term relief of stress and anxiety.

 

Sometimes I pair meditation with aromatherapy and gentle relaxing sounds. It really does helps take the edge off anxiety for me.

Order [1836572]

Meditation itself is more for the health/fitness section, but I understand why you placed it here.  Throughout my life I've used several forms of meditations for fun or to destress due to high tense careers and situations.   Most people who did not know this about me were shocked at first as it does not nor has it ever fit my persona which I have always found funny.  Running the risk of sounding like a complete dork🤓: different types of meditations are always worth giving a try once regardless of the person and where they are in life, so many health benefits to be had. #qigong

Helian [3699144]

Had a friend that did it for years but quit doing it cause he started hearing noises, either he was just spooked and people where talking outside his house cause he lives alone, or just actually left something on. But who knows maybe he just doesnt like being vulnerable like that. If this happens to you I would suggest finding possibly a group session if thats a thing

ZoomINZ0D [3339360]

My method of Meditating is as below...

Close eyes.

Imagine a fruit, for example an apple.

Try to completely concentrate an apple with its char. like Red, its shape.

This apple should be imagined between you  forehead, right above and in between your eyes.

Slowly breathe and exhale.

This for me helps in increasing focus and releasing stress.

This also helps me with being calm.