Men's Mental Health Awareness Month
Started by Beerson [1576144] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 463 / 463 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Wild shit going on here,
- reply to the people you are talking to, just add it as a note like 10x longer than the original comment to another reply.
- sure you didn't remember, thats why you, and only you decided to bring it up, something nobody has ever done. Then you noted the name, and spoke about the faction, but only remembered that you had been a part of it magically after... sure bud...
- don't pretend you have friends, this is mens mental health thread, no need to act all tough.
- you left aku before I even joined, years before, it was tiny and
"much less queer friendly" (using words of another member bc I am known to use the wrong words and dont want to end up misrepresenting anyone or the faction at large)Edit: I spoke to the leadership member who said that, they clarified that I misunderstood, we have always been allies, but it was just such a small faction that there is no chance he would have heard of it for that reason. - funny you say "XY men", since most men are actively losing the Y chromosome in their cells, did you know by age 30 or 40 (I cant remember) you have lost almost half of yours? And considering your level of dementia that was probably decades ago.
Men dont ask for help. We see those guys that are hurting and lift them up with no questions, No judgment and a cold drink.
Just listening with understanding and advice.
No one asked for this holiday. You have to go on everyday living. How will the holidays help with that?
Just going to skip everything and leave a bouquet of my favorite flowers to cheer up the men that need it.
Do you have a source for 5? I do know the Y chromosome decays with each generation due to how it replicates. I'm not entirely sure how it works but my definitely-barely-passed-bio understanding is that since it doesn't have a pair to combine with before propogation, it purely self replicates (which is a fundamentally risky/lossy process).
This paper explains it in big words:
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC4120474/
--back on topic--
I wish my late ex had sought mental health intervention. For obvious reasons.
I swear Torn is just full of absolute tools.
I know it is a joke, but a nice opportunity to give an on-topic reply on something important to me:
Smoking large amounts of cannabis daily pushed me deeper into depression and isolation. It took a lot of effort to quit, and only after I could fight my depression and underlying issues with therapists and support groups. But it did work! Over 4 years clean now.
Agreed, I was in the middle of writing similar.
As a current regular smoker, please if you're suffering poor mental health, don't go smoking yourself into oblivion. As much as I love a good smoke after work to unwind, and as someone who has been a chronic heavy daily user at my worst hoping I would eventually dull out the things that made me unwell, it's well proven at this point to exacerbate mental health issues and conditions. Especially anxiety and depression
Look after yourself everyone. Glad to hear you're doing well and came out the other side king
A bit of a joke to break the tension, but also posted with sincerity.
I agree. I'm an on and off smoker (but I use it for things other than mental health mostly). It's definitely not for everyone in the same way not everyone can take an SSRI or other medications.
Everything in moderation. And not everything works for everyone! Always do what works best for you. 😁
Fawk3s.......
You don't know me and I don't know you. But I love you, man, as only a human can love another human. Innocently and wlth complete pureness. I'm glad you're still here. If I had the gift to be able to turn back time and could only use it one time, I'd do it for you so you could stop Past You. I'm so sorry you were in so much pain that you felt that was the only answer.
But today? You wake up, do what you need to do despite how hard it must be. And that shows the power of the inner strength you have.
That's beautiful, Fawk3s. Absolutely beautiful. I sincerely wish that your future is full of peace, love, laughter, contentment and joy.
And when things go wrong in life (as that's how life goes sometimes), please remember this:
You got this.
It don't got you.
All my love to you, Fawk3s.
I took it as such, and that is perfectly fine. Humor is one of the other things that got me through things.
Moderation is not possible for me with substances, and not using them at all brought a new serenity and simplicity to my life.
Breathe Deep the gathering gloom!
Congrats on the fellow who is abstaining; he is correct excessive consumption of any psychoactive substance will eventually create physiological dependence that reinforces the need to use. Marijuana just like alcohol is downplayed by too many until it is too late. That being said I am not teetotal and have been known to enjoy both :)
Mental health is better described IMHO as mental hygiene. While Illness stems from disorders (out of order) regular stress and life "trauma" or damage requires regular attempts to repair and clean.
Not dismissing experiential pain, just suggesting a framework that is less stigmatizing, as I said earlier the world has gone insane, and men should realize that recognizing that insanity and its damage it causes all people is critical in resisting this cancer culture folks, as evidenced in this thread.
Thanks!
And I think this is what any Awareness event is for: getting people to share their experience and trying to look out for each other too.
More about addiction: I could not recover alone. And I would not try it alone anymore if I had to. For anyone struggling with addiction, or not being sure about it: try to connect with a local 12-step program, and nowadays you can attend meetings 24/7 online too.
Links to the two most known groups, just to point in the general direction:
I feel that changing the original phrasing of the message from a full 2 paragraphs to a single line cannot result in an effective compression of meaning, especially when the original message held additional context which would explain the context of further messages down the line.
Calling my previous statement an action to, "Bitch and moan," is just the deliberate causing of conflict and detracting from any useful dialogue which could have taken place.
No mental health of any individual should be neglected for any reason.
Either way: mental health good, personal attacks bad.
Have a good day.
More of this is what is needed <3
Addendum: This is a personal observation as a lurker, but if I were to acertain a reason from my years of lurking the forums, the edits appear to be a way to conserve forum karma by changing the message on the front page of the forum post. This message addendum is, asides from experience, complete speculation and should not be regarded as truth.
Edit: Spelling of years corrected from "rears"
just clarifying for others, generation = generations of cells, not your kids, this aint a "the kids are less manly type shit" (although thats unrelated to chromosomes)
sorry just checked your source, to clarify I know nothing about the topic you are talking about, I am talking about is this
to be transparent, I didn't fact check or even fully read this, I made sure this section is correct and just used it because its the first source, and I read a proper study before lol.
dunno what you are talking about, i am doing this thing called replying, this idiot decided to randomly say BS about a lovely faction and so I am correcting him while also making fun of him for the other stuff he is saying? but go off queen ig.
Please take these discussions elsewhere, all of you. Or wait a few days.
Some are baiting and others are unintentionally derailing the thread by replying. We are just getting some posts on the last pages that have a direct and meaningful connection to MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS, let's not take the spotlight away from that again and again.