Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Weapon mods lost?

Started by Zanx [2293313] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 175 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Zanx [2293313]
Got two mods that disappear from my inventory

I'm trying to figure out what happens

15:23:40 - 05/03/24 You equipped the Holographic Sight mod to your Taurus
15:23:40 - 05/03/24 You equipped the Holographic Sight mod to your Taurus

Seem to be the last time I got them
Wenno [2757277]

Hi, I was asked to post here from this post regarding someone sending their weapon to someone with attachments equipped to them. Out of curiosity, I tried to replicate what they did with success.

 

This was their log, which didn't make sense. As attachments were equipped to a weapon that is no longer equipped, and as it wasn't equipped there was no check in place to prevent the weapon being sent with attachments on. This removes the mods from the player, and are transferred to the receiver's inventory. [image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

 

This was me replicating the issue, which seems only possible on PDA--maybe something technical like cached data being used when switching tabs? On PC only I didn't have any success. Screen recording at the bottom shows the replication on mobile. 

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

Before:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

After:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

So it's gone from my inventory. And my friend's mods right now, with no equipped weapons that have mods on and his mods show this: Those are MY MAGAZINES

 

My friend's mods with no attachments on his equipped weapons:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

His inventory:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

I can confirm that this is due to some weird shit with tabs on PDA, maybe how they are loaded? I had the weapon with mods on (PC), equipped a new weapon and unequipped. Switched my tab on PDA to the mods page I had preloaded and quickly tapped on a mod to equip and my events then showed that I equipped a mod even though I didn't have a weapon equipped. Then I sent the weapon. I assume I could of refreshed my page in my inventory and I would of had attachments on an unequipped weapon. It's gotta be something funky with skipping the check for if a you have the weapon equipped while trying to put a mod on. I don't think your friend is going to be able to send those mods back in a traditional way 

 

My friend sent me my weapon back now, and it's in my inventory with the mod equipped but the weapon is not equipped. So yeah it shouldn't be possible to do, definitely a bug. Wonder which would be easier to fix, patching so under no circumstances mods can be equipped to unequipped weapons, or like a bandaid fix and having a check in place for mods being equipped when sending weapons. 

 

My inventory now:

[image: wenno.cgas.io]

 

This was fun, hopefully the extra information helps staff replicating and fixing the bug, sorry for originally being dismissive and thinking it was a noob issue not looking at the right place.

 

EXTRA BUG, KINDA

With the mod equipped, I could list the weapon on my bazaar. Sold to friend, and again the mod was still equipped. (He sent it back) Definitely something to be looked at, as you could essentially sell attachments to people who need them. I imagine that's very against the rules though, definitely look into a fix for that. Also, when adding to my display case--the AK74U doesn't show having a mod equipped like it does when looking at my inventory. Still does have the mod equipped, and the mod disappears from my mods when it's in my display case. Still retains the attachment though. 

 

PS: The attachment I have on now is extra mags x1 since I sometimes use x2 

 

Here's a screen recording from mobile replicating it for ease of access, as you can see the mod is equipped with no weapon equipped. It's able to be sent/sold like that. 

 

 

Mentions: Attatmchent Mod problem

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

The base issue has been resolved now, thanks for providing steps to reproduce the issue.