Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bazaar directory sucks

Started by -__- [2508857] on in General Discussion.

35 replies · 710 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
36
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

-__- [2508857]

Why i gotta open an external website to browse thru bazaars? Feel like everything should be accesible directly ingame, why bother to login on another websites and double check market and bazaar prizes when old system had two in one? I believe it could be solved much better. 

Callaghan [1316121]

Why i gotta open an external website to browse thru bazaars?

 

You don't, you could use that big brain of yours to memorise your favourite bazaar sellers. But the external website is easier.

sharx [1927463]

A few people bought from my bazaar, I think that's a good think. So I opened it again. 

 

Closed bazaars are still visible, marked RED in the graphic. I think that's not ideal. 

[image: snipboard.io]

 

 

also, I searched for cans, but the shown results didn't have any cans in their bazaars. Were those already sold? 

 

thekwebb [2669087]

Yeah that’s how it works I mean if items niche out hardcore or people superstore it up in their bazaar it’ll generally pan out but I don’t think it’s an active buyout thing more like a hey check this place out because other people did and it may or may not be open and may or may not have anything they’ve sold before. And the end result spins more towards macro than micro. I’m not mad at it. I’d love to operate my old bazaar but cheds right they cancel each other out and it was just too easy to do. As the game continues to swell in player base that’s being accounted for now. We have our gripes because we remember previous things. New players will outnumber us and it, and their evolution will be their base point.

Beerstein [1322136]

I will say the bazaar directory only worked once for me. I hadn't updated my prices in a while and got undercut like 5x and some dumbass directory user still bought from it because I was result for that item in the directory. 

 

It felt like scamming but was ched scamming them, not me. So I kept the loot. This is as someone who the same day saw an FHC missing a number, bought and returned it to the owner.

 

If you use the bazaar directory, you deserve to lose money for it. 

FirstL15ht [2342206]

It's been debated many times in the past.  Item market 2.0 update is designed to create a 2 tier trading system (and other features such as advanced filters and anonymous listing) that increases money sink (item market tax) in order to offset money faucets via crimes 2.0.  The low friction tier, ie item market listing, offers sellers the convenience at the cost of item market tax.  The high friction tier, ie bazaar, offers tax free selling and possibly lower prices but requires both sellers and buyers more efforts on their part.