Dear Torn.
722 days. That’s how long I’ve poured myself into this game—no, into this community. Nearly two years of laughter, frustration, late nights, unforgettable highs, and heartbreaking lows. I’ve made friends I never thought I’d find, and enemies I probably deserved.
I’ve earned karma, lost respect, built something, broken things. But through all of it, what I treasure most are the memories—those intangible, fleeting sparks of meaning that somehow came from pixels on a screen and turned into something real.
Torn became more than a game. It was a place where I learned, stumbled, fought, and felt. A place where words on a screen could brighten a bad day, or tear me apart. A place where strangers became allies, and allies became family. If it was ever just about stats or missions, it stopped being that a long time ago.
So why am I leaving?
The truth is… it’s complicated. Part of me is running from the mistakes I made, the words I shouldn’t have said, the moments I wish I could take back. I carry resentment, not toward others, but toward myself. I wanted so badly to make something meaningful here, to matter. But somewhere along the way, I fumbled. And I know my name doesn’t exactly bring applause. If you know me, you probably know why.
Still, I came here with good intentions. I wanted to do right by people. To leave a legacy, even if it was small. And maybe I failed. Or maybe the failure was in expecting something more than I deserved. But in those failures, I learned. I grew. Torn taught me more about myself than I ever expected a browser game could.
I’m no veteran. I never reached the heights that so many of you did. But I see you. The giants, the legends, the silent developers and staff working i24/7, and even the trolls who keep it all interesting. You made this place what it is. You kept it alive. And I admire you more than you know.
If I could rewrite some things, I would. But we don’t get that luxury here,or in life.
And no, before you ask, you can’t have my stuff.
I am fairly convinced RNGesus has been trying to change my mind by hooking me up with cool stuff.
This isn’t just goodbye. It’s a thank you. For everything.
Goodbye, Torn. You’ll always be a part of me.
—EMF
Edit: I will be staying a week or so to get my shit sorted, I'll also be participating in the dollar dash at 16:00 TCT so check my bazaar out then:)