Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Remove the referrer

Started by JuicyGem [3883574] on in Graveyard.

54 replies · 676 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
55
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

JuicyGem [3883574]

Can you remove the person who referred you to the game, 


they have become unhelpful and don’t deserve the points and prizes each time I level 10 levels, can I stop them or remove them from this 

 

they tricked me saying they would help me

Exstole [3844331]

I would like to make sure the person who's referral link I followed is getting their referral bonus.  Even if they ain't sending me gifts as promised in their YouTube video, it was their video talking about crimes 2.0 that brought me here. They deserve their cut .

BrotherWen [2813636]

you can start a new account if you're feeling that petty

 

however they really don't get that much shit, and you're already level 15 in a good faction so you should be doing well yourself

JuicyGem [3883574]

It’s not about being petty it’s about the principle of it, why should they benefit from my process and they do get points, free donator status for 30 days and 2 gifts which can be worth a lot of cash for doing nothing 

BrotherWen [2813636]

Ched in his infinite wisdom gives out bonuses for referring

 

They have referred, fulfilling their compact with our lord and saviour Chedward

Any agreements they made with you are not as tightly enforced

 

If you're adamant about this you can try talking to staff, here's a thread on who to contact for what issues

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16279141&b=0&a=0

 

Here is staff:

https://www.torn.com/staff.php

 

good luck, please post back here with your results

Mentions: I need staff! Who do I contact?

Grafiti [1557036]

They brought a new player to Torn. They get the rewards for you keeping on playing Torn.

 

Them helping you or not is irrelevant. They brought eyes to Torn and that is why Torn rewards them.

Broxogar [2728258]

It is incredibly petty, since it has absolutely no impact on you whatsoever whether they receive rewards or not.

Funny how often people say 'it's the principle of it' to justify their petty behaviour.

(fyi there's no obligation on anyone who gave you a referral link to provide you with any assistance whatsoever, promised or not).

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

Did you find the game by yourself? If no, then you have them to thank for you coming accross the game! 

 

The rewards a erson gets for reffering is comparable to basically nothing except the merit, which they'll already have gotten from you making it to level 10. 

Neliex [2857538]

I have different issue, I wanna sue and legally chase those that joined game with my referall and didn't play at all. 0 merits for me from them and went off. One of those A holes being my brother. Created account and said: "Hope this helps"

 

No it f**king doesn't help, grind to level 10 bastard. 

 

Thanks for reading, I already feel better.

Wiber [2065939]

What kind of help were you expecting?

Give a person a 100 million dollars they will blow it in the casino. Teach them how to make 100 million dollars, they will turn it into a billion. 

JuicyGem [3883574]

Not at all, I’m already addicted lol but I will not level to 20 and will hold my level cause I’m a stubborn bitch and won’t give them the gifts lol

 

Grafiti [1557036]

Wow you are a piece of work. Holding back yourself so that others don't get anything - nice scarcity mindset you got going on.

 

Besides, they already got what they were hoping to get from you playing, which was a merit, anything above that is irrelevant.

 

I was wondering, if you found the game yourself, I would believe they then offered you Torn money to get their referral added by staff once you already joined, did they? I would imagine that would be against the rule for both them and you.

Level100Coochie [2983838]

I feel you. My wife got to level 4, quit and said "you're welcome"  it's so cooked