I'm really, really curious to hear how the trump fans and maga folks here felt this went. Cause I really see no way how this could be percieved as positive in any way.
It was obvious that there were attempts to humiliate each other from both sides, but I'd say Putin won in every imaginable way. From the speeches they held to how he carried himself. They had set Putin's mic to be very low so he had to bend over a bit to use it. While Trump's was ridiculoulsly far up (and Trump wearing his lift shoes), and Putin's stand having the american seal on it. Putin won this by just not giving a shit, not adjusting the mic, and laughing his ass off at this childish attempt and looking superior in any way. After delivering an eloquent speech, which Trump followed up with some ramblings of an elderly guy with brain damage and a limited vocabulary. Trump's attempts to flatter the russian delegation were among the worst cringe I ever saw. And Putin owned him with the invite to Moscow once again. Lavrov wore a sweater with "USSR" printed on it. Shameful day. I never saw an american leader being that humiliated on an international stage. Never saw one kiss a war criminals ass this submissively. And no deal was struck. NOTHING was achieved. Trump said time and time again if he talked with Putin, the war would be over instantly. Within days of his presidency even. And now? He was not able to get even a SINGLE concession out of him that he could have presented.
His fans like Trump because they think he's "tough" or a "strong man" or whatever, so how do they feel about him being paraded as a clown like this? And him being an impotent nothingburger instead of a deal-maker who achieved not a single thing?
I know my words are a bit harsh, but tbh you know my opinion anyway, so there's no use in pretending. So please don't let that deter you from voicing your opinion. While I may disagree with your opinion, I assume you have reasons for thinking otherwise (if you do, that is) and I'd be REALLY curious to hear them.