When I input the name I want it says "This name is too similar to another citizen's name".
I did check, that name currently belongs to a level 3 last active 7 years ago with no friend or enemy.
Is there a way to have that name?
Started by Alza [2785481] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
When I input the name I want it says "This name is too similar to another citizen's name".
I did check, that name currently belongs to a level 3 last active 7 years ago with no friend or enemy.
Is there a way to have that name?
If you want to take the name of an inactive player the requirements are as follows:The cost in points to acquire an inactive player's name is 200 + (50 x their level). [I.e. Between 250 and 2,700 points]
- The user must not be a donator or subscriber.
- The user must be under level 50.
- The user must be inactive for 75 days + (25 days x their level). [I.e. Between 100 and 1,325 days]
- The user must not be Fallen, or Resting in Peace.
- The user must have under 5 weekly active people who have added them to their friends or enemies list.
- Username must be less than 15 characters
From the Wiki
That name checks all those bullets, which is why I'm confused.
Hmm, what's the name?
When was the last time you changed name? There's a 3 month wait between changes.
If that is the case, I would recommend making a bug report and letting staff have a look.
It may be i or L
Edit: “it may be similar” puts me in mind of copycat names like Iribuya vs lribuya “Lribuya”
I've had exactly the same issue, and it's been passed on to CloudJumper.
Another users post was referred to as having the same issue, but that user now has the name they were asking for, so fingers crossed.
Mentions: Can't claim old name.
It does have an L. Putting lowercase L shows the error above and when I tried an uppercase L it works!
Thanks :D