Proposals
- Allow us to disable mail from users we don't know, just like we already can for chat messages.
- Allow us to define who "users we don't know" actually means, with simple rules such as whitelists and blacklists.
Communicating with other players via chat messages or mail is not at all necessary to progress through the game or even reach end game, so it's quite weird to not already have some sort of "opt out" setting for this.
Ever since I have decided to take on the army job, my inbox is just full of job offers (I even got one while writing this). And if I wasn't in a faction I would probably get faction recruitment offers too. I see this as spam, useless junk notifications that I don't want to see but can't do anything about.
In the process of hunting for the Samaritan title, I have inadvertently added over 1.5k players to "users I know" because it turns out that sending someone an item automatically adds them to this list and now they can message you via chat.
Just let us define who we actually want to be able to receive communications and notifications from.
Ignore the keyboard warrior below