Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

mash out :)

Started by masheen [2625139] on in General Discussion.

52 replies · 989 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
53
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

masheen [2625139]

Hi guys,

 

I had this thought on my mind on and off for maybe a year/year and half and my time to go has come.

 

When I open the game, I don't really feel anything.

 

I come here out of habit with a very slight interest in growing my stats, CPR, networth, etc - it's hardly real effort. It's a continuation of casual effort done over the years and ultimately, putting more or less effort won't really make me any happier.

 

This event has pushed me over the edge because the RNG elements are so deeply entrenched I can't really enjoy it. I've always been vocal about changes that have been made in the past that I disagree with. None of these changes have been my reason to leave, a cake is never made of just a single ingredient.

 

I've been reflecting on my journey and I'd say I've felt the happiest and, sometimes, the most stressed when I was fighting in wars along with people that were also enthusiastic about it.

 

I look back fondly to:

 

Leading my own faction and creating graphics, tutorials, organizing mini-events and keeping the discord active and up to date, being a mentor for new players. I think that I was too harsh sometimes when I didn't needed to, and others babied newbies too much. I had the most difficult war of my torn path here, probably the most satisfying moment for me was winning it.

 

Co-leading a faction and trying to make it a better place. My goal was to try to reach the levels of other strong warring factions and I poured a lot of my time into thinking of ways to win wars, writing newsletters and advocating for more. I also felt short here but the thought of quitting was in my mind for a good period. In the end, I had to take a more passive role and just doing what I'm told to do.

 

Fighting wars for numerous factions, some with more organization than others but all had people and systems that I learned a lot from. Most of the places I visited have been good in a way or another and I was always thankful to have been in factions that had an active community and rewarded their members nicely.

 

The people are what make this game interesting: the friendships, the dramas, the camaraderie keep it going. I've started some dramas of my own, but I've always tried to keep it civil. If I wasn't, I apologise.

 

I'd probably be here all day naming people that made a positive impact on my path here so I won't, but I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart to you for making this game enjoyable and interesting.

 

Before I go, I plan to finish this 100k with my faction, sell my company to a friend, start some sort of city job, sell any leftover items I have in my inventory and put the money in some sort of stock as I know too well people have left and weeks/months/years later made a return.

 

GGs, mash.

rabbit [1995921]

Wow, wtf Mash? Well, you have me on Discord & on Steam so we can most definitely keep in touch. No doubt you'll need me to carry your ass on CS :P

 

Best wishes for life though regardless. Bless you.