Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Keepsakes for 5000 points

Started by underko [3362751] on in General Discussion.

261 replies · 5.83k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 262 / 262 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Hogfather [330973]

"We raised the prices so they all don't sell out instantly"

 

sells out in nearly 10min.

 

Well... I hope you're all ready for next year's 10k point keepsakes!

Sethimothy [2197917]

I set an alarm just to make sure I was on Torn when they dropped so I could make sure I was one of the 250 souls to grab the keepsake, I'm absolutely not surprised it sold out first.  "Here's five keepsakes from people you all know and love, and then [expletive] Ana."  You know it was gonna sell fast just from the forum animosity.  Admittedly, I am somewhat partial, since I've been following her drama since way back when she had zero karma (she's in the double digits now!  Somehow!)

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You sent Omanpx's Keepsake to Omanpx with the message: A multi tool for a multi tool tracker, enjoy this keepsake!

You sent Midknight's Keepsake to Midknight with the message: Your escapist legacy lives on, enjoy this latest legendary honoring


You sent Locked's Keepsake to 33257 with the message: Locked up, enjoy, [personal info omitted]

You sent Kelsie's Keepsake to Kelsie with the message: A gift for our own altruist, you deserve it!

You sent Evaline's Keepsake to Evaline with the message: Thank you for all your hard work pioneering for Torn!

You sent Ana's Keepsake to Ana with the message: For Torn's latest reprobate, enjoy the forever item!

 

 

 

As usual we would never expect the keepsake owners to have to buy up their own items. Enjoy! 

Callaghan [1316121]

Distraction for 40 minutes and they're all gone, sad but you don't miss what you never had. I'm still salty they didn't come out with some common item last year like the 15 badge so everyone had something.

dunmugmeh [538353]

LOL.

 

Its nice to see rabid field mice get keepsakes named after them!

 

It is nice and it shows the admins have a sense of fun and that is what games are for isnt it? fun!

 

If all the keepsakes where named after earnest , 'pro' game players that would be boring.

 

We need the ana, marlonbrando, evilduck keepsakes etc!

 

A  lot of players think games are life. It is not that playing games is not a 'job'.  we do our best when we are here.

 

Games are for fun. click ignore on any garbage in your mail/chats after they see you have a keepsake named after you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

flumpster [420062]

Sorry, but that's crap.  Not enough if they sold out that quickly.

 

Guess I better sell my 5,000 points for a loss then.

Callaghan [1316121]

Better just to use them for your refills and don't have to worry about stocking up for a while

 

PS your forum sig is broken JSYK

kolaide [3343722]

Glad to have the keepsakes release to happen again after last year's sell out! This helps keep the yearly cycle of the game ever-changing and gives opportunity to all involved to make some money for themselves too.

 

After being in Torn for not even two years, I can already see a problem with the market and inflation. To counteract with keepsakes to memorialize the players that deserve a spot as this is crazy to imagine. I hope one day to be able to get a keepsake named after myself, but that would require becoming a name in Torn.

Beerstein [1322136]

Did most my bitching in advance. No keepsakes twice, no piñata, no other yearly items for nearly 2 decades except dancing Santa. Raaaaagh justice for West coast!

 

At least Omanpx was nice enough to announce it so I could hire someone to get it. This is why he deserves a keepsake. More transparent than staff allowing people to get it outside of their time zone. 

 

Actually I did get one of the last two keepsakes round one cause there was so many. Never heard if either of em though. 

Mr_Fixit [1948837]

Well, that kinda sucks.  The opportunity to buy a keepsake is soooo _____________ .

Fill in the blank with whatever expletive you want.

I still haven't been able to buy a single one ever.  They sell out wayyy too fast.

Mr_Fixit [1948837]

From the Newspaper:
" ...but moreso to ensure that the Keepsakes don't sell out immediately, giving anyone who really wants one the chance to make a purchase. "

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  And how did that work out?

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee

Well, they didn't sell out immediately. You had 14 minutes and 28 seconds to make your purchase, if that isn't enough time I don't know what is.

Omanpx [1906686]

Ana's sold out in like 34 seconds. Mine was gone in under a minute as well. Technically not immediately, so you have a point!

Beerstein [1322136]

Don't think they really believed that when last round had 10x as many and sold out almost entirely by the time my ass woke up. Just looked good in the paper.