Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Arson profitability

Started by Mizadil [2640357] Committee on in General Discussion.

124 replies · 2.42k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 125 / 125 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
125
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee

Today only (after completing the more profitable jobs only)

 

Last 7 days:

 

All time:

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee

This is **after** deducting material costs.

 

Note however that torn.report prices materials at MV at the time of reporting, rather than at the time of use.

bilbo_boggins [2761682]

the profitability needs to be at least higher than scamming for there to be any sense of progression.

 

as you get higher level the materials you use should be alot more effective I.E one can of gasoline does 40% more damage with 100cs compared to 1cs

SirJux [2695126]

So to get the actual numbers... one should gather the data once they reach 100 arson skill.

 

I would also prefer getting theoretical maximum without deducting material cost. Atleast like so the results are more consistent to make some sort of decision to earn money via arson etc.

 

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee

I showed mine, where's yours? 

 

*Talking about torn.report snips, not genitals...just to avoid any confusion

Aaassh [2546369]

I don't get this thread at all, and I'm not even sure what discussion you're trying to start here.

 

Are you trying to tell us that you cracked the Arson profitability code?

 

Or are you just telling us that we're all shit because we don't know how to make a profit with Arson?

 

Because it's not hard to "make a profit" with Arsons if all you do is every scenario that doesn't have a special requirement, and you only use gasoline as the accelerant.

 

But will Arson be the best crime for the best usage of your nerve for money making? Absolutely not.

 

From the looks of your stats, you're also doing the scenarios that require you to plant evidence, so why waste that money there?

MONSTAR666 [3931271]

It’s way more profitable to just raid the junk yard i only have like 34 nerve but I do at least 1-2M per day just selling arson materials. I’m at 60M in the last 20ish days

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee

I was just sharing data, if you want to discuss it that's up to you.

 

I have done every arson job available each day, without exception (albeit with a few that failed requirements.) Once I reach 100 skill, I'll get picky about which jobs I do.

Matty_h [48911]

Us all laughing at Lt_Wolf that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

 

When in reality he just told Ched to announce crimes 2.0 will be more profitable and we all fell for it 

Lunalia [3375236]


Haven't done scamming yet, but burglary seems better. Same amount of total nerve spent as your arson (almost)

Beerstein [1322136]

Was just comparing cracking when I realized 1 click burn rigs and wait 2 hrs was getting 1k/n people were mostly just over 1k I think the highest was almost 4k.

 

Crimes 2.0 just straight up doesn't pay.