Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Staff Tone Is Worse Than the Rules They Enforce

Started by bigjaw99 [2549400] on in Graveyard.

368 replies · 2.13k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 369 / 369 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

pdk [3626257]

im not saying whether i think staff responses are good or bad, but i do think we should have some kind of id system where it says idk report handled by id:1234 so we dont actually know who it is, but if we feel responses were insufficient or offensive we can report, or if we feel they were polite and nice we can also 'upvote'

 

essentially some kind of karma system for staff bc ive seen some insufficient answers (that probably handled the issue but didnt leave me knowing what happened and whether the issue i was confused/worried about had actually been solved) and also some really polite and nice ones

 

just dropping the idea im not saying i dont approve of staff or whatnot

 

EDIT: i made a suggestions forum :) in case anyone wanna go bump that
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16518435&b=0&a=0

Mentions: Staff karma system

bigjaw99 [2549400]

This does not apply to smaller actions such as seeking immediate revives for other players, or advertising for your own faction/company if you are a direct member, employee or significant shareholder of a business/service, players posting "review bumps" of services is also fine. Newspaper advertising is exempt from these new restrictions.

This was taken from here: www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16392536&b=0&a=0

"if you are a direct member, employee or significant shareholder of a business/service"

Mentions: Advertisement rules update

bigjaw99 [2549400]

I really like this idea! Other moderators of high karma can review these reports, respond to it themselves, then either talk to or perhaps train the mod/staff that responded originally. I think that is a low effort change that can go a long way. Any staff want to weigh in on this idea?

LadyVoldemort [3189612]

Clicky Imagine mutely striken hosping you over torn drama and tell me staff don’t hosp players with a straight face 

 

14:58:10 - 28/10/25 mutley attacked and hospitalized you [view]

Buzzkill [2862979]

Your inability to understand what the staff told you does not obligate them to repeat themselves. What you read at the end was the frustration of someone who has to deal with dozens of self-important assholes a day.

 

I have had my disagreements with the staff, but this was pretty clear cut. You escalated this all the way to GD in an attempt to be right, and even now that the court of public opinion spurned you, you can't admit that you're being a princess about it

bigjaw99 [2549400]

Nope, no admission here. GD is going to GD. There are always haters because hate fuels karma. I fuel the hate because it keeps the thread alive. It's a win-win scenario. Maybe something will change.

 

But also I'm right :)

ShotgunLarry [2860353]

That was some of the absolute stupidest shit I have ever read. 
maybe that was kinda mean cuz he probably trolling on purpose


Imagine having to deal with people like this on a daily basis?

bigjaw99 [2549400]

I'm only trolling with trolls. If you don't have anything important to say about the thread topic then I'll troll you. I have very sound and thought out responses. Hence why bogie has resorted to slandering me then running away without answering anything I've said (still)

bigjaw99 [2549400]

I am not. I am responding to people in this thread. Are you tying to bump this thread? Seemed like a pretty pointless post that just keeps this thread alive, am I right?

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

advertising for your own faction/company if you are a direct member

 

Faction or company means: Torn hosted business consortium whose members' membership status is already displayed publicly on their honorbar menu

 

employee or significant shareholder of a business/service

 

Business or service in this case means a business consortium not hosted by the Torn platform. Employee means someone with significant duties to the business consortium beyond advertising, which would satisfy my personal criteria I described of having invested significant man hours into the business. Shareholder would be someone with financial interest in the project, either a founding member who satisfies the man-hours criteria or an investor who has invested significant assets into the resource... Which I also already explained.

bigjaw99 [2549400]

This does not apply to smaller actions such as seeking immediate revives for other players, or advertising for your own faction/company if you are a direct member, employee or significant shareholder of a business/service, players posting "review bumps" of services is also fine. Newspaper advertising is exempt from these new restrictions.

This was taken from here: www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16392536&b=0&a=0

"if you are a direct member, employee or significant shareholder of a business/service"

That is the confusion. Care to elaborate 8 pages in?

Mentions: Advertisement rules update

Pez [2153605]

I would just like to clarify that i have no relations to this human and can confirm my dispenser was not authorised to be used in his PFP. 

 

Kind Regards, 

Pez (Dispenser)