Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Why is the Elimination 2025 hype Failing?

Started by Jokur [1667842] on in General Discussion.

53 replies · 1.39k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

dark95 [2321537]

As one of the upcoming leaders of one of the teams, i also urge all of you to join and wish yourself luck to come under my command xD

Gardrew [2429596]

It's tiring and expensive without any rewards, also December is not the right month for me to be constantly engaged in a game where I get yelled at if I don't...

Night-Owl [3680050]

I definitely think people should have more options, not less. It's understandable why there's no hype, people are thinking "I hope I draw the right card and doesn't turn into an extended hospital stay" rather than "I can't wait to fight along with my friends and faction mates".

anyway, people shouldn't join participation unless they're prepared to give it all, if I'm unlucky to join a weak team I wouldn't want to sabotage the team further by not doing my part, so I'd rather abstain.

Rover [2686246]

That sounds like you're misunderstanding what type of event Elimination is supposed to be. It's not supposed to facilitate existing alliances, its supposed to break them up.

 

It even says right there on the calendar "be prepared to fight against friends"

ChillySpunc [1905415]

Pretty sure we knew random teams would be a thing a while ago and I love that random teams are the only option, less time for people to rig things.

Shooby [2510470]

There needs to be rewards other than honor bars. If you're expecting thousands of players to beta test using their time and energy with a system expected to have issues, offer some incentive to participate.

 

Every week torn feels more and more like Todd Howard is running it.

Riot [974353]

"All participants will receive a limited edition profile badge unique to this year's event and their team's final standing"

That's interesting, we haven't had something like this before have we? 

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Nope, this is part of the new badges system in the near future that will encompass a range of player experiences to give specific acknowledgements there. 

Shooby [2510470]

Weren't staff using their tools to read other teams chats? Pretty sure there was a certain someone who had information they shouldn't have had in prior years.

lockup [3300790]

Some of the (mandatory) team names in the News Article giving off serious Hufflepuff vibes,

 

guarantee those’ll have a higher quit rate 

 

(we gotta at least get on a Ravenclaw sounding team)

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

50m on pacifists being the winning team 🤣 

 

 

edit : this is obviously a joke, they will most likely be first out 

Hornz [2220919]

Much like dunmugmeh never got assigned to Field Mice, I didn't get assigned to Metalheads. 

 

Personal hype for 2025 = Low 😢

Nexus [105937]

Yeah I was really surprised how EXACTLY the same it is tbh...with a few little ribbon attached.

 

Old wine, new bottle.