Now, bear with me... I woulda put this in Q&A, but it's more of a discussion kinda thing.
I'm no luddite, but have a decent laptop, and a basic text / phonecalls, er mobile, and that's all I really need. But I'm also on contract (seriously, my mobile costs £6 monthly.)
Really not a fan of smartfones, Ms. and kids have 'em (I dont) n spend way too much time on 'em imo.
I'm now due for a free upgrade, so its tempting, but from what I've heard, and read so far, Torn mobile isn't really all that, ranked war lags, comps, etc. (I.e., I'd be better off with my laptop.) And it can take quite a bit of getting used to. Seriously (braces for ridicule here) about 4 or 5 years back, net was down for ages in our area, and only managed to log in using my mothers fone, that was just so I didn't nuke my activity streak. It was awkward to use, but that may be cuz of tech 5 years ago / her fone / both.
Only reason I'd consider it would be 1) free smartfone. 2) free smartfone. (and yes, braced for "just get one and find out" too)
Was just after some pro's / cons, from people who actually use it, for opinions, mebbe even some screenshots?
Many thanks.
EDIT: Just to clarify, smartfones were not prevalent in our house 5 years ago, we were poor af. Also (EDIT EDIT, I don't use scripts either.)