Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

give arson margin some leeway

Started by ThePotatoSage [2545294] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 36 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
ThePotatoSage [2545294]

mildly infuriating to see the arson be within 5% margin of error and still get a 'not enough' marker (there's like one door standing how tf are you not gonna pay me at 99% destruction)

 

so I suggest a margin of acceptability (with maybe reduced payout) instead of complete rejection of the crime being completed 

 

if it's within the exact parameters, you get full payout, if you're within 1~3%, you get like 75% payout, and from 3~5% you get 50% payout, 5~9% and you get like 25% of the original payout, and only after 10% do you not get paid at all

RabbitBrain [2765265]

I've been getting ripped off on "total destruction" arson crimes lately.
For example, for a "3 fire" crime I used EIGHT gasolines. That was gross overkill.  But the firefighters came almost immediately after lighting, and stopped it at 98%. It's a predetermined pass/fail, and whatever you do doesn't matter.

RabbitBrain [2765265]

I also had a "2 fire" crime with a requirement of <50% destruction.  I used ONE gasoline.  That should have done about 25% damage.  Left.  Came back to find it did 51%.