Hi,
Just found Torn City app from Apple’s store, made by Manuel Ortega.
Is this official app?
Thanks
Started by Nollakaks [2076618] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Hi,
Just found Torn City app from Apple’s store, made by Manuel Ortega.
Is this official app?
Thanks
TornPDA is used by many mobile users, yes. (including myself)
There is Torn City app. Im not talking about the PDA app.
I don't think there's an official app for Torn City. I've tried that app previously, was laggy and clanky.
The Torn City 'app' available on cellphone software outlets is literally just a shortcut to the website through a local browser.
On iOS, if you open safari, navigate to Torn and login - then, go to the sharing menu (press the ... > Share). You'll see an option called 'Add to Home Screen'
That will give you an 'app' on your phone that you can drag around like any other app. Launching the app will give you a focussed version of Torn without all the browser faf.
I noticed it not too long ago. It is made by the same guy who made PDA and is not the official "App". It is the closest thing you can get on IPhone besides PDA.
Thanks for reply
The light-version(s) of Torn PDA
- Torn Lite (for Android)
- Torn City (for iOS) - also the official marketed version on iOS for Torn
From the TornPDA discord server (straight from Manuito)
Moved to questions.
Whilst it's not "officially designed by Torn" anything designed by Manuel Ortega is supported by Torn and he works alongside our team to integrate systems - as others said he is the developer behind TornPDA.
That is cool! I cant find ”add home screen” tho..
After you open the share menu, you need to scroll down - it looks like this:
Yeah found that pöace but in there I only have:
-Add to quick note
-Save to dropbox
-Open in Chrome
Just to double check, you're trying to do this in Safari?
Lol. I was using chrome it.. Thanks mate! :D
Manuel Ortega is the one who made TornPDA if I remember correctly. There is indeed an official Torn app however it is honestly just an app with a browser in it, showing the Torn webpage. The only use I have for it is notifications from Torn, as I do not use TornPDA and use my mobile browser instead.