Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Wrong rfc

Started by Valisana [3079313] on in Bugs & Issues.

15 replies · 306 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
8
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
51 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Valisana [3079313]
Logged out, all devices. Cleared cache and cookies. Relog. And it works for a short while before coming back.

100% reproducable. iOS notes app, paste profile link, load profile into safari from long press= rfc error in cookie/some persistent data that can be cleared from local browser cache. iOS safari, no extensions, mobile 16.6.1
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Can you please try clearing all site data storage for Torn from the browser settings and see if it resolves the issue?
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff
I disabled rfc checking for the faction and crimes pages. I checked faction and crimes pages. There is no case which needs to be covered by rfc.
Please check if the issue was fixed because I didn't manage to repeat it.
Thanks!
Valisana [3079313]
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It's a hassle to log back into my 50+ tabs after cache dump.

Gym's busted, Hospital's busted, Faction, Slots, etc but Crimes doesn't fail anymore.

Edit: Super weird! I don't have to clear cookies. Just selecting Clear History > Last Hour resets it and I don't have to relogin. It's been less than an hour since I opened torn from iOS Notes.

[image: i.postimg.cc]
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

If you have an issue with this, it seems the second value for rfc was added to your cookie list. Please, open the DevTool in your browser (usually it's opened by F12), run 

 

document["cookie"].split('; ').filter(item => item.split('=')[0] == 'rfc_v')

 

and send me the result in PM please.

 

Thanks!

Valisana [3079313]

I could only recreate this issue in iOS mobile. Apologies, not sure if there is even a devtool without connecting the phone to a Mac (I have a Windows PC)

 

Hopefully another user will encounter this on a desktop browser and send you the requested result or converts the code to a js bookmarklet with output alert popup. 

Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

I’ve pushed the fix for the case which I replicated. Let me know if it fixed the issue for you. Thanks.