Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Weapon mod guide

Started by noEpitaph [4060151] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 211 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
noEpitaph [4060151]

I just started doing missions recently, starting to build up the credits. Is there a guide for the order I should buy in? And which prices I should pay since there is a range?

 

Thanks!

Lantian [3029152]

Dont forget that books can rarely spawn as mission rewards too.

 

If you want books then it is advised to always have/leave around 2k credits on hand in case one pops up.

 

I personally only buy mods at special price and if I will have about 2k points left.

 

Of course this is up to your preference :)

noEpitaph [4060151]

Ok this makes sense thank you! 

Although it was mentioned you're far more likely to get books through subscribing which I may do in the future so, maybe it doesn't matter too much.

Lazypup123 [2205869]

how do i keep the lawyer passive the 5% increase xp i am already the top rank on it as soon as i joined do i gotta stay in the job for a day and i can leave?

Lantian [3029152]

There are 44 books currently in game.

 

You have a chance of getting a book for being a subscriber (once a month).

 

Other than that, you can buy them as very rare drops from mission store (roughly 2-3 a year)

 

Or as extremely rare city map spawns (not had one myslef in over 2.5 years).

 

Subscriber gets you a book roughly every 3 months in avg. Less and less as you gather more.

 

So dont rely on that as the only source is my advice.

 

 

Alza [2785481]

Speaking of books drop rate, for reference, I currently have 28 books. 15 from 3.5 years being a subscriber, 11 from mission shop, and 2 from city spawn. So yes, always keep at least 2k credit just in case. If you got spare money the LOS stock provide 25% boost to mission credit. 

 

Regarding mods, I think if you got enough credits no need to wait for special offer to buy the important ones, for me it's Recoil Pad, Laser and Sight