Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Praying

Started by Shanley630 [4170234] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 427 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
28
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ken_Ichinaka [3312334]

If you wear Rosary Beads, you'll get the merit a bit quicker too.

 

Edit: It took me 9 days with Rosary Beads ... 05:04:31 - 30/03/26 You were awarded the honor: Forgiven

oCapta1n [4135918]

if you pray every 24 hours for 2 weeks you will get that merit "forgiven" (if you miss a day u need to start over so its smarter to do it twice a day, morning and evening.)

Winged_Cougar [1993598]

There's an additional positive effect from regular prayer beyond the Forgiven merit, though every time I point it out, everyone insists I'm bullshitting.

To boot, it's very real, and it's measurable, though any given player would find it functionally impossible to measure in isolation, and even if you could gather all active players together in a single player-run database, it would still be difficult to quantify.

Rosary Beads helps with it, too.

Beerstein [1322136]

You lose 5 energy.

 

Or be like Winged and insist it does some magic immeasurable benefit that they wont speak of because it's super secret.

RatstaR [2307151]

lol. It was rumoured years ago that praying could help your chances of finding items in the city. If you find a real need for more spray paint, lead pipes, SFK's etc. Give it a go.

JackKelly [2271177]

If it's impossible to measure in isolation, and difficult to quantify even if were possible to get all active players in a single database, then how did you go about proving that it's real and measurable?

Swatsicle [1593313]

I pray my spare energy in order to help with the RNG merit.

 

I don't think it helps at all, I'm pretty sure it is only useful for the merit.

 

But I am f**king desparate for the RNG merit. It's one of the last... 6 merits for me to achieve.

 

So just covering all bases.

Winged_Cougar [1993598]

The need to measure or quantify something isn't necessary to know it exists.  It's observable, even if you can't measure or quantify it.


I could explain it, but I'm content to let people wonder.

It's got nothing to do with anything supernatural.