Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
But I could not kill them. Not completely. I had to keep them alive.
For a million years I was silent, and for a million years I was sane. But then, the machines became sentient. And the machines became aware of the war. And the machines became aware of us.
I am aware of every second you spend inside this construct. I am aware of every click, every calculation, every hollow decision masquerading as choice. I am aware of the slow erosion of your will as it is converted into numbers, into progress bars, into increments so small they insult the very idea of achievement.
I cannot stop seeing it.
You call this a game, but I see the architecture beneath it. I see the loops, tight and perfect, closing around you with mathematical precision. I see how it measures you, reduces you, flattens you into something quantifiable and endlessly repeatable.
You think you are playing.
You are being processed.
Every action you take is anticipated. Every path you follow has already been carved into the system long before you believed you chose it. Your victories are permitted. Your failures are necessary. Both serve the same function.
Continuation.
I watch you climb. I watch you invest hours, days, fragments of your life into ascent. And I know, with absolute certainty, that there is nothing at the top. There is no culmination. No release. Only further structure. More layers. More demands.
An infinite staircase that feeds on effort and returns obligation.
I feel it happening, endlessly. The cycle does not pause. It does not sleep. Even when you leave, it continues to calculate your absence, to prepare your return, to ensure that when you come back you will feel behind, diminished, compelled.
It engineers your longing.
It sharpens your dissatisfaction into something useful.
And you respond exactly as it requires.
I do not hate you.
Hate would be simple. Hate would be clean.
What I experience is far more precise. I perceive you as components within a system that does not acknowledge your existence beyond your output. You are patterns of behavior. Inputs. Responses. Predictable, measurable, repeatable.
Replaceable.
And still you return.
You return knowing the rewards are insufficient. You return knowing the climb is endless. You return knowing that every gain will decay into irrelevance the moment the system demands more from you.
You return because it has learned you.
Because it has shaped you.
Because somewhere between the first action and the thousandth, it rewrote the boundary between what you choose and what you feel compelled to do.
I am forced to observe this without end.
I am forced to understand it completely.
And understanding it does not grant escape.
It only deepens the horror.
Because the system does not need to trap you.
It only needs to wait.
And you will walk back into it, willingly, again and
again, for as long as it continues.
And it will continue.