Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bounties reason

Started by Honeymyatko [4028655] on in Questions & Answers.

19 replies · 279 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
22
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Max2020 [2609161]

Don't think it's against torn rules for that to be used in reason for bounty. 

 

Don't it take to seriously,  it's just a game.

If people like the one who placed the bounty  had an opinion that actuatly mattered,  no one would be playing torn.

 

Just a noob being dumb.

 

 

Gladion20 [1832984]

If you feel it’s harassment you can self report and put the reasoning in the box and staff can look at it. Most likely though they will deem it not harassment. 

Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer

!Moved to Qna 

 

Yep, that Bounty reason is against the rules. You can always report it. To do so, go to your profile > report > bounty and mention the reason. 

 

If found rule breaking, the Bounty reason is removed. Staff can check anon money senders/ anon bounty players, so we can action it if it breaks rules. 

BG1K [2166070]

If the staff don't specifically dislike the bountier then it will likely lead to nothing. The staff are heavily bias when it comes to rules like harassment.

BG1K [2166070]

I gained a new enemy after giving them 3 cheap bounties, I guess I will rue the day I crossed the menacing and powerful Honeymyatko

TanukiKung [4099979]

the rude word insult like that was not enough reason to call harassment trust me i have some similar word before and ask admin previously about it

Max2020 [2609161]

Could you please give a little more detail on why that specific reason on the bounty is against the rules?

 

I've seen much worse then ugly being used that was dismissed through out  my years of playing torn.

 

Thanks.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

The insane things I've been called over the years as bounty reasons that were far worse than being simply called ugly and staff's response was that no rules were broken and that no action would be taken. 

Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer

It's using the player's potential rl appearance as an insult. Generally, insults against the character ('you are dumb!') are are fine, but insults about the player ('You are so ugly/fat') are not.

 

It's best to stay away from insults based on a player's rl. 

 

Context matters though, so it's best to report potentially rule breaking things for staff to evaluate.

 

You can file an appeal for a decision if you feel it's incorrect (or if you feel you have been actioned incorrectly) and it can be reviewed by senior staff.

Lepiota [3966339]

the topic of whether it's allowed or not is controversial , so i'll pass that as people with more tenure already talked about it

 

but being visibly annoyed by bounties will almost always bring new bounties, because that's a pain point other people (people who want to annoy you) can press on. Just report the bounty if you suspect that it is against the rules, let people claim it and move on, is my advice

Makkhoi [3652991]

I don't get it. I am ugly in real life and would be more insulted if people said I was racist or religious.

How can "you are ugly" be an insult if people have never seen you?

 

Guess snowflakes rule the world now.

Static1589 [2693019]

Because OP's pfp is likely a picture of their rl self. The bountier is likely referring to that picture.

 

Using using real photos of yourself or otherwise giving out personal info, apart from a first name and an age maybe, are probably the dumbest thing you can do imo, but here we are.

Amagous [2351007]

 

Torn is a community full of psychotic people (I'm not saying full as in "a significant percentage of the community", I'm just saying "With how large the community is, and the level of toxicity the game potentially enables, there are a lot number-wise." I also don't even remotely consider someone calling someone else "ugly" psychotic in case it came off that way, this is just a blanket statement of fact about the community itself.). 

 

As Static1589 said, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you don't include any personal information on your profile beyond, at the absolute most, your Age and Country; And if it's in a private conversation, then your first name. Because if you have ANY social activity, sooner or later, you will run into one of those certifiably mentally unwell psychotics who will try to doxx you.

 

Rule #1 of the Internet: Always protect yourself. Torn is no exception.

 

Also as Lepiota said: Complaining publicly about being bountied will ALWAYS lead to more bounties from uninvolved parties who are just looking to rile you up because they know they can. So I say this with sincerity, not malice: As we used to say in the Army, "Suffer in silence." You'll deal with less BS that way.