Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

100k active

Started by Fadedx0xo [4014391] on in Graveyard.

19 replies · 272 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
28
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official

I remember when global chat was ruled by the old heads and bullied all the new players out.  Slowly the new players out numbered them more and more until they eventually took over. 

 

As much as people complain about green leafs in the forums its only a matter of time...

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

I think it will mean 100k players are active that day. 

 

Yes, some will only be active on that day. 

Some will be long term, most will never log on again.

 

What was the question?

 

 

Edit, thread the thread,  and tell us you emoji👀

Hopslam [795412]

For one thing, we’re about to see the same repeat threads more often. We get the same usual “new” threads from a new player periodically - it’s going to happen more frequently going forward. 

GoldShip [4167662]

You have to blame torns marketing team for advertising on apps where most younger gens roam. 

 

We are lucky Torn ads havent reached TikTok yet. Or it's doom for everyone

 

But also cant blame them because they just want to make their shareholders happy.

 

More players = more money to be made

At the end of the day its all about profits

 

 

Another thing to point out is that you will start seeing more players with 3 to 5 letter usernames. Because apparently the shorter the words. The rarer they are, and that means another way of profiting

Yarrow [2668259]

I'm 21, proud to be one of the last few who spent my childhood outside, it's dark days for most people younger than me.

Overseer [2143302]

Golden times, torn was quite dark and mysterious for a new player. Nowadays you hear the rumors and nothing comes of it.

 

With chat 3.0 I’d bet most older players dont even have global turned on. i only have faction and pms 90% of the time though i was hardly ever a globalite. 

I just miss knowing most people that were social in the game

ChillySpunc [1905415]

I think the coolest thing when Torn reaches 100k active daily players is it'll be in the top 25 most played games around the world. Honestly, we give Ched and staff a lot of shit but that's a huge achievement.

Overseer [2143302]

Itll be top 20 based on daily peaks today on steam, but with almost 5m registered users? Its up there man. Definitely leading the genre by a long shot. 

ChillySpunc [1905415]

Yeah, I also included games like Valorant, Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft but honestly, considering how small Torn is and the fact it's still in private ownership and with a volunteer mod team seeing Torn reach this scale is insane, there was a time before Respo I thought maybe it'll last another 5 or 10 years but I could honestly see it going another 20 or 30 at this point.