Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OC page blocking (without OC scripts running)

Started by Viciously_Grim [2752611] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 53 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I previously experienced the OC page refreshing itself crazily until I got a Torn block and reported it as a bug which was closed:

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=19&t=16560694

 

At the time the thought was one of the OC scripts I use triggered the block.

 

However I have turned off my OC scripts and it has happened again.

 

This time after the block lifted I noticed that an OC had finished. So this may be reproduceable.

 

Steps:

 

  1. Not sure if webview required 
  2. Open OC page in a tab
  3. Have a lot of oc's in spawning page (I have 19 right now)
  4. Not sure if need to send the app to the background while an OC completes
  5. OC completes < I think this might be the key to reproducing this issue
  6. Reopen app if closed
  7. Go back to tab with OCs
  8. Don't refresh tab
  9. OC page starts acting funny
  10. Click into planning tab
  11. Page refuses to show planning crimes (error: no crimes)
  12. Click into spawning page, page starts reloading itself rapidly
  13. Torn error: too many requests

 

Also discovered a member had left an OC during the experiment and joined a different OC to get it started, pulling an oc from in progress to spawn page. So could be that is the trigger, not the oc completion? I don't know but it's not script related.

 

Dev log shows a ton of this error message sequence:

 

Mentions: OC page blocking

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

This just happened to my husband (faction leader in my faction - we switched roles). We have 21 oc's in spawning section. He was just managing OCs, doesn't quite remember what he was doing but it happened right after he was on the OC page. He says he thinks he just switched to the gym page and got the blocking error.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Okay and now I just was on OC page to check the number of ocs we have spawned and now I have this message and I am DEFINITELY NOT FLYING 

 

There is definitely something wrong with the OC page.

 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

No, it appears to have been fixed?

 

Actually i don't know if it's been fixed or if I just have been avoiding leaving my oc page open for longer than needed in order to avoid triggering the issue? Like I make sure to change pages before I send Torn to the background, and if an OC is about to trigger I hop off the page to something else until it triggers.

nikitad [2147691] Tester

Can you walkthrough by shared steps to replicate the issue?
It is not urgent, we can come back to it in several days
Thanks

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I'm not entirely sure TBH.

 

I think it's some combination of:

 

  1. Open oc page
  2. Send torn pda to background
  3. An oc completes (this part I think is the main trigger?)
  4. Reopen pda
  5. Click to oc page
  6. Oc page spazzes out

 

I avoid leaving oc page open in general now, and avoid staying on the page if an OC is near completion. So I'm not sure if bug is no longer happening or if I just got good at avoiding it.

 

It may be a websocket reconnection issue when the websoxket info has changed while sent to background.

 

Not OC page related but possible related to the underlying bug of websocket reconnection issues, I have also been having the Crimes 2.0 page give torn error after sending pda to background with crimes page open.