Anyone know why no new items have appeared on the city map in the last few days? I know they're usually crap, but you can still trash crap.
City items
Started by TONeill [4478237] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
3 days, 4 days without anything is quite normal.
Just luck. You are not guaranteed to find anything.
Just until 2 days ago, I had a 13 day dry spell in city finds. (I have no extra awareness whatsoever)
It does happen.
I see, thanks. I was going by Google, which said city items were renewed everyday at 11:00am. I should know better.
It's renewed, but that doesn't mean you automatically get stuff, you just get a chance.
That may be 11am your time, but it is earlier than that Torn Time.
That google answer is basically a slightly mangled version of:
Every night at game reset, for every player who was active during the previous day, there is a chance of adding items to their city map.
(There are exceptions to this rule, certain events have a chance of spawning items throughout the day, and cesium can be spawned on the map at the point a dirty bomb is droped)
I had like 8 merits in awareness and went a few days shy of no finds dropping for 3 days shy of 3 months.
Needless to say I redid my merits not soon after and started getting more regular drops. Found my first SE a few weeks after as well. So don't waste merits in awareness. It doesn't help really.