Closed. Was given information that contradicted my original theory.
Started by SquareApples [3242001] on in Graveyard.
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Closed. Was given information that contradicted my original theory.
Need TLDR also obligatory can I have your stuff
The nose and chin is different
Begone AI crap.
Not quitting sorry 😐
They're just bald
As they would be since it's known the devs of Torn alter the photos they use.
Take Fernando for instance
This is the real life person NPC Fernando gets his photo from, it's Stéphane Operti but after some edited by the devs, we get Fernando the npc so yes. Things will not be an exact match
...so you just asked clanker and posted it here
gtfo
Lmfao Using a search engine does the exact same thing. It's just not labeled an ai, so literally anyone who has ever tried searching for the origins of the npc images are included in your gtfo.
gtfo
They are 2 different men, why do you need AI to see that?
I think the difference is a google search will come back with nothing, whereas AI will force itself to be agreeable. I'm sure if you open a new chat, you can pretty easily get it to agree that JK Simmons is the base, or deny the fact that its the texture you've found.
Lol search engines arent the same thing as ai image recogs
Just to add to my last comment..
Per the specs provided for the texture found, the model is compatible with something from 2022. ZBrush perhaps? IDK, but its listed as 2022 regardless.
I figured this meant the texture was released 2022-now, so used Gemini for the lolz..
Lines up with the 2022 thing I already assumed.
Per Torn Wiki, patch notes linked
To Apples, by all means continue searching for the sources of the NPCs, its a genuinely interesting rabbit hole that I personally enjoy. I'm not shitting on you with this, just stating that AI can and will lie to you.
Mentions: Patch list #196 : 15/06/2021
I take zero offense and I appreciate that information. I should have thought about that part of the details but I also will admit i never would've thought of it.
I don't see it as lying and i also never said ai was 100% accurate. I just enjoy it. I honestly don't get the hate for it but I was born into post Atari era pre NintendoNES. I wasn't thrown in halfway through it. So I love all technology. I didn't have people screaming at me about this and that technology is bad so you must hate it as many people experience today. Again, thank you for the information
Of course they're different, they're different features. Why would the nose be the same as the chin?! That's just silly. You're silly
Graved per op request