Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graveyard please

Started by SquareApples [3242001] on in Graveyard.

15 replies · 207 views · thread synced · 3 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
SquareApples [3242001]

As they would be since it's known the devs of Torn alter the photos they use. 

 

Take Fernando for instance

 

This is the real life person NPC Fernando gets his photo from, it's Stéphane Operti but after some edited by the devs, we get Fernando the npc so yes. Things will not be an exact match 

 

 

SquareApples [3242001]

Lmfao Using a search engine does the exact same thing. It's just not labeled an ai, so literally anyone who has ever tried searching for the origins of the npc images are included in your gtfo. 

 

gtfo 

Avery [2765920]

I think the difference is a google search will come back with nothing, whereas AI will force itself to be agreeable. I'm sure if you open a new chat, you can pretty easily get it to agree that JK Simmons is the base, or deny the fact that its the texture you've found.

Avery [2765920]

Just to add to my last comment..

 

Per the specs provided for the texture found, the model is compatible with something from 2022. ZBrush perhaps? IDK, but its listed as 2022 regardless.

 

I figured this meant the texture was released 2022-now, so used Gemini for the lolz..

 

 

Lines up with the 2022 thing I already assumed.

 

Per Torn Wiki, patch notes linked

 

 

 

To Apples, by all means continue searching for the sources of the NPCs, its a genuinely interesting rabbit hole that I personally enjoy. I'm not shitting on you with this, just stating that AI can and will lie to you. 

Mentions: Patch list #196 : 15/06/2021

SquareApples [3242001]

I take zero offense and I appreciate that information. I should have thought about that part of the details but I also will admit i never would've thought of it. 

 

I don't see it as lying and i also never said ai was 100% accurate. I just enjoy it. I honestly don't get the hate for it but I was born into post Atari era pre NintendoNES. I wasn't thrown in halfway through it. So I love all technology. I didn't have people screaming at me about this and that technology is bad so you must hate it as many people experience today. Again, thank you for the information