Since last week Torn has disclosed all the odds for caches. This shows which items drop from a cache and what the chances of such a drop are.
So, I used the Torn API and did some quick maths...
A cache is profitable when the total market value of the expected items in the cache is higher than the current market value of the cache. Simple as that. Well, here are the results at the time of writing:
PS: I didn't add the RW caches, as there is too much variation in price outcome, it is just a hot mess.
Of course, nothing is static on the Torn market, so in the next post I share the full graph which updates automatically. You can return to this post at any time in the future and see the live situation based on updated market values. Traders and gamblers, enjoy!
Discussion topics:
Do you expect the cache values to change now we can calculate their value?
Or will gamblers be gamblers and keep buying any cache despite their overall loss?
Will you keep opening drug packs?
When I ran the numbers yesterday they were at break-even, like I would expect for a 50/50% cache. Today a significant loss.
Would Torn be forced to include the chances for things like slots and Leslie's wheel too?
What is the biggest surprise of this data?
Personally, I didn't expect that all the clothing caches would be overpriced this much.
Mentions: An half-assed look at cache prices