-
Revives
Started by Medic-Retired [1390892] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 15
- Likes on archived posts
- 25
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
-
because they might be in a warring faction and if people revive them multiple times then the other faction can gain more respect by attacking them multiple times during a chain (ie they have extra targets), that's one reason, probably more....
maybe there working on there meds used awards.
As well as hiding so you can't revive them for mugging, collecting bounties.
As well as some like to use med kits to get closer to there next medical award.
when I OD on xanax I'm usually in hosp for at least a good day and a half, slamming small first aid kits is the way forward.
I'm all for the med merit but a day and half of natural e conservatively 900e.
The only reason I turn revives off is buy and mug. For a Xanax od I always turn revives on. People are always reviving for merit. When my bank roll gets more established I'd thank with a gift.
Avoiding bonus hits is a good reason too but at lvl 21 you have greater problems if your needing to revive me for bonus hits.
Most people have revives set to off as standard, and will only turn them on when they actually want to be revived. Once you OD on Xanax you have no energy, happy or nerve...so there's not always a lot to do!
Is that image actually indicative of most people who OD or is it not rather that everyone else has already been revived? The fifth guy in your list has been in hospital for 20 hours already. I'd be quite upset if I wanted a revive and couldn't get one in that time.
they do it to make noobs asking silly questions. who really cares, obviously they dont want out of hospital and if you want to know why message them and ask
I do restrict my revives whenever i am warring.
I could easily buy an extra 900 energy, the ability to use that many small first aid kits doesn't come around so often for me.
I max the med cooldown and then wait until it is empty and max it again before switching revives on, never normally wait more then 5 mins to be revived.
If you really want to work on med merit just self bounty
If you have a lot of money you dont have the intelligence to spend/store you can wuss out and hide in the hospital for 3 days.
Thats pretty gormless though you would be better off training your stats so people cant mug you :P
It''s about control. People want to decide themselves when it's time to get out of hospital.
I have mine set to faction and friends.Usually if i take a xanax its just before i go to work or bed.If i o.d i'm usually out of hosp by the time i return to torn.
I don't want to spend money to do it, it's just a happy coincidence when it happens, also I'm not the most active of players so having a day off from torn doesn't stress me much.
I guess everyone has their own reasons for having revives turned off, considering you can turn it on or off when in hospital and the potential risks of having it permanently on (buy and mugging, even in it's reduced state after update, and faction losses) are probably good enough reasons to have it turned off, especially when you consider that you will only ever OD while logged on, therefore giving yourself the choice of turning it on if so required.
Edit;
just to add a ponder on my part but I'm not sure about the cost and time hospitalised correlations between self bountying or opening cheap SED's on yourself???
Same here - I just bank another 100-odd meds taken by chewing though SFAK's every time I get a Xanax OD and then switch revives back on.
I get a little grumpy though when boxes of meds refuse to put out SFAK's when I need them... :@
Damn, I thought that was just me, I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.
:)
No put it back on - I reckon Ched is f**king with us by having boxes not put out the cheapest meds when we really want them (whereas if you actually wanted morphs then you'd be guaranteed to get SFAK spam). I don't trust the bastard as far as I can throw him.
Hah, that's interesting! I have no problem with getting revived, I assume this is a setting I can change...