Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What is this?

Started by LDP [1580562] on in API Development.

10 replies · 384 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
73 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Tryptamine [427514]

If I'm reading this right dose this mean our phones can resive a message when are energy is full? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?


Detective [1557351]

It can once the mobile app is done. I started working on one already, but could take some time because today I'm probably getting a job, so job + college, I doubt I'll have too much time for developing apps, but I'll do my best to finish it asap.
GayBadBoy [158696]

I went to the page and put in my API information and I have hit enter but nothing comes up. I'm not used to such new things so what step am I obviously missing? Thanks! GBB
Mayor [158993]

After entering your API key on the top, you need to click on one of the options e.g. Users/Properties/Torn then click Try It!
Tryptamine [427514]

I'm at the point where I've typed in my API and chosen bars, and clicked try it and got the URL? But nothing's happening now? What do I do with the URL? Or is it because it's not working on iPhone yet?
Plornt [1799359]

The api itself should work on any device (unsure about the try it thing), but yeah its meant for applications to access, if you go directly to the URL it gives you, you may be able to see it working.

But yeah, its not really meant for you to actually go to the URL. An example would be, say if I wanted to make an application that showed you what items you was using across the course of the month, I could use the API with your API key (providing you gave it to me) and collect that data from the API without you ever giving me your username and password and in a format that can be easilly read by computers.