19 replies · 3.53k views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
68
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
58 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 19 likes · Actually I tested with starting values below the 'stat cap' and saw a slight fluctuation. Something like 0.005% increased gains when training one at a time. I've corrected this, and retested, and all looks fine now. I can confirm that …
Harley[258120]Wiki Contributor
· 8 likes · Does this mean that there no longer are increased gains when training one at a time, or does this mean that you have now looped training all at once ( meaning that training 10 times at once is interpreted as …
Marc[24377]
· 7 likes · No, Marc is not easily capable of testing by himself to find out what the change is. Marc's stats/happy will need to stay exactly the same at the start of each test in order for Marc to test it, this …
Having been informed by a trustworthy source that training energy in the gym one at a time yields a better return than training all of a desired stat in one go, this is how I train. A full energy bar and a Xanax is the equivalent of 40 stat gain clicks (in a 10 energy per train gym) and I like to use 10 clicks for each stat to keep them nice and even. Until recently, I could just click 10 times in quick succession and always receive 10 gains, but now it's no longer working out that way. Sometimes, I am clicking and counting to 10 and receiving 11 or 12 gains instead, which is using the corresponding amount of energy, so no issue there of 'free' energy or losing out.
I don't have serious OCD, so this is only mildly irritating. I would be grateful is this could be remedied and returned back to how it used to be. It's been a few weeks now.
Browser: Chrome Platform: Computer O/S: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
So it sounds like you're suggesting that training one at a time (instead of all at once) produces more gains? This is incorrect, I've just tested to confirm it:
Each test starting on 50m Strength, 300 energy, 4754 happy
Actually I tested with starting values below the 'stat cap' and saw a slight fluctuation. Something like 0.005% increased gains when training one at a time.
I've corrected this, and retested, and all looks fine now. I can confirm that now, training one at a time and training all at once give exactly the same amount of gains.
Does this mean that there no longer are increased gains when training one at a time, or does this mean that you have now looped training all at once ( meaning that training 10 times at once is interpreted as 10 individual trains )?
In any case I don't think this was the actual bug that's being addressed. Melted said that he's clicking 10 times and the server is seeing 11-12 clicks. Could just be a client-side thing, or even a sticky clicker. Lord knows we've all "spilled" some "wine" on our "trackpad" once or twice.
You are correct. This is not about the issue of receiving a higher gain by clicking one at a time. This is about clicking 10 times for 10 gains and receiving more than 10 gains for 10 clicks, but the energy used does correspond with the gains received - so for example, 12 gains for 120 energy used but only 10 clicks occuring.
Anyway, reading about the fix has made this redundant.
This is odd. Stats gain exponentially when under the cap- so a single train would yield better gains then when training your e all at once. This is also affected by happy as well.
What have you done, now Ched?
Does this mean that there no longer are increased gains when training one at a time, or does this mean that you have now looped training all at once ( meaning that training 10 times at once is interpreted as 10 individual trains )?
Seems like its being dumbed down. Before stat cap it was always better training one at a time to get the exponential gain and give time to boost happy while doing it.
Yes, seems that something that wasn't actually broken was fixed, I enjoyed watching the gains increase for every click. Not a big deal, but I bet many people will tell new players to use the one click at a time method for a long time to come.
Edit:
Actually I can still see the increased gains for every click. So now you probably get less gains with the method that was previously recommended?
All Ched said was " ... now, training one at a time and training all at once give exactly the same amount of gains." And since you and the rest of us under the Cap are still seeing increased gains per click, it follows that training all your Energy at once just simulates training it one click at a time, increasing the base stat and decreasing the Happy for each simulated click. I think before this change, those base stats and Happy were NOT updated in between simulated clicks, which made it better to train one at a time.
What I'd like to find out is if it's caused a decrease in gains for those over the Cap that are training all their E at once? It seems to me that they would now be getting LESS total gains because before, they were training all their E at 5000/5000 Happy or whatever, and now when it simulates all those clicks it's decreasing the Happy for each one.
Granted these should all be tiny changes, and likely not very noticeable especially because there are random variables in there anyway, but if someone in George's above the Cap and was willing to stack to 1000 twice to test - all-at-once versus one-at-a-time, they could try to confirm that... which woujld mean one-at-a-time is now best ABOVE the Cap :)
"I can confirm that now, training one at a time and training all at once give exactly the same amount of gains."
This is clear as day. Training one at a time = Training all at once
Stat gains over the cap were the same either way before hand. Stat gains under the cap are the only gains which have been changed.
What everyone is wondering is: Does training one at a time now give DECREASED trains, or, does training all at once treat the trains individually (i.e., looping through them one at a time) to give the benefit of exponential gains?
Marc pointed out a bit which is clear as day, which you quoted. Marc points out which bit people are really still querying. JJ wonders if it will be clarified.
I am having a difficult time following the argument that could be made that would support him picking the option to decrease the stats you gain by training all together instead of simply raising both to equal standing? And if you know what your trains were 1 by 1 vs all at once it could be checked by a player easily, instead of asking someone who always plays his cards close to the chest to give away his hand.
I thought the second part was him being facetious, not a serious question. Of all the people, I would expect Marc to be easily capable of testing himself to find out what the change was.
No, Marc is not easily capable of testing by himself to find out what the change is. Marc's stats/happy will need to stay exactly the same at the start of each test in order for Marc to test it, this makes it impossible for anyone to test apart from developers/admins. Philistine needs to stop posting random stuff that just confuses people all across the forums.
I'll ask the question once again and hope Ched notices, hopefully no-one else decides to chime in so this gets lost: Does training one at a time now give DECREASED trains, or, does training all at once treat the trains individually (i.e., looping through them one at a time) to give the benefit of exponential gains?