Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

why do we play torn??

Started by aisich [2070649] on in General Discussion.

84 replies · 764 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 85 / 85 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
85
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Oxside [202437] ×1 Lindice [1855058] ×1

aisich [2070649]

what is the attaracting point, that makes so many players to stick with it for such long number of years..

anybody can post your answers.

just for fun



thanks
Mattchew [361253]

I've tried to quit several times, the fear of not being able to compete if I did want to come back ironically brings me back. [:confused:]
Hopslam [795412]

Torn is not a finished product game. It's not like going to the store and buying Super Mario World and playing the game in its entirety. Playing Torn is being a part of its creation and evolution.
Mux [1988505]

Same reason millions play games like World of Warcraft or any other MMORPG. The main difference I feel is just Torn is text based. It still holds an economy, stock market, item values etc. And it has an RPG side where players can role play into their preferred taste such as a business owner, a lonewolf, a faction soldier, faction leader etc.

The game is very in depth and open to many different possibilities and it's still growing.
Retfals [516786]

I've been involved in this game on and off for over ten years, and I can't help coming back to it even after years of being inactive. Part of it is nostalgia, but there is also wondering how the game has changed, and being mad with myself for not keeping up with building my stats, so on and so on. I dunno, I just can't help but love this game.
Stylin [1474127]

sometimes i enjoy it sometimes i dont.



but the biggest factor for me never quitting and keeping on playing is ive spent to much time here to just stop and torn is a passive game that i can play wherever i am on mobile, i dont see any reason to quit.


Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I started because I had nothing better to do.

I carried on because of people wanting to talk to me - 99% of them have quit (I used to be a little more sociable and nicer - i'm no longer medicated so I'm back to being happy at not being an understanding and cuddly sort, one is more likely to find people's pitfalls amusing once more).

I soldiered on because I had nothing better to do.

If it were not for an individual being pissed off if I quit I would have quit.

So, now I am still here and I may as well look busy.

You don't like it?

good.
Retfals [516786]

There is that commitment factor where I can't quit because I've been playing for so long. I don't want to throw all that time away when I can pour more time into the box labeled Torn City.