Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Gym progression

Started by IRomanI [2100984] on in General Discussion.

52 replies · 1.12k views · thread synced · 13 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
53
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

394 [394] ×1 BGendron [30117] ×1 Locked [33257] ×1 cdwilliams101 [172402] ×1 0edaa2 [228161] ×1 michelle_gurl [257120] ×1 Carrot [276687] ×1 qwertypoo [313327] ×1 323695 [323695] ×1 AngelOfHealing [331666] ×1 adrian1221 [471778] ×1 miff99 [507739] ×1

IRomanI [2100984]

Hello guys, I started the game about 24-36 hours ago and I've been focusing the vast majority of my energy on gym training and will continue to do so. However I wanted to get a general idea of where I am in terms of progression for my age/level.

I'm currently running the following stats but this may double by nights end:

Strength: 50.22

Defense: 15.35

Speed: 47.80

Dexterity: 40.80


2049144 [2049144]

That's amazing man you're better than 90% of players on the game already! If you double them by nights end no one can beat you.
Tank [2097832]

If you are a restart and I mean a knowledgeable restart your stats would be 10, 10, 10, 10 as you would still be in the stack. Then by mid day of day 1 using points refill and newsletter and missions energy you should be at about 20k stats at the very least.
IRomanI [2100984]

Arsenal, I'm genuinely new. It'd be cool to learn tips and tricks, been looking at the basic money guides which have been useful but it's a slow grind.
Tank [2097832]

Best of luck too you bud, this game is all about patience. Best advice anyone will ever give is that this is a marathon not a sprint. Everyone takes time to learn. Just stick at it and be willing to improve and learn and one day you will be where you want to be.



Best of luck
Kata [1990396]

Great to see new players joining! :)

Seems like you have the right idea with focusing on training - although attacking to get to level 15 quickly isn't a bad idea either. Once you are at level 15 you can safely start taking Xanax (if you take it before 15 you run the risk of ODing and can't travel to rehab).

Leaving on the street gives more xp than the other two options and attacking higher levels (that you can beat) will get you more xp as well.

Good luck and welcome to Torn! :)

PS. If you get hospitalized you can use morphine or first aid kits to get out - surprisingly a lot of new players don't realize this and wait it out.
Evil-Duck [1182047]

Welcome to TORN, first of all great stats.

Second of all need anything just come to me. People on TORN call me The Wolf of TORN because I am one of the wealthiest / most lavish players on the game. If you need a one point of contact for ANYTHING you know where to find me.

Peace
Hopslam [795412]

Tip #1

don't worry about your age to level progression

if training in the gym is a place you want to progress in, then train in the gym. There are plenty of ways to accelerate the training beyond just using your natural energy bar regeneration. Just note that most ways that accelerates battle stat gains require tc play money to finance. costs add up quickly when trying to accelerate. Otherwise, just keep training, using most natural e as you can, and putting your focus to gym progress if that's an aim of yours.
IRomanI [2100984]



Arsenal & Kata thank you truly, I see there's a lot to learn and I'll definitely pick it up in time I'm sure. I'll keep an eye on my levels and training and implement your advice.

Thanks for the kind words all, muchly appreciated!


Kayla [2031661]

Like Nova said, it's far too early to tell where you are in terms of your progression. People have been playing this game for over 10 years, so with a one day old account, you can't really tell. Since you're genuinely new, give this guide a read. The list of guides Hildegarde provided will take you far too, if you're willing to put in the effort to read. There's a lot of them, so since you're focusing on gym/battle stat progression, I'd recommend this one 'Method Two' is generally regarded as the most effective way to bring up your battle stats quickly while they're still low.

Welcome to Torn. Good luck :D

Mentions: Gym Training Guide for Beginners · Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ

JustJanet [911066]

I would not worry about comparing yourself to others at this point. If you focus the majority of your energy on training, then you will probably find that you are ahead of other people with a similar age and level. My best advice to you is to not get caught up in trying to swing an e-peen around. You will find all sorts of players who like to sling theirs around and it's best just not to engage.

Every attack you do is energy taken away from training so attack with thought. At your age it is a good idea to try and upgrade if you want to use xanax right away, but the faster you level up to 15 the more players you will find can beat you.

A friend of mine told me to use the Hall of Fame/ Rankings section to determine when I should upgrade my level. If you go to that section, you will see how you rank compared to all other players in 12 different categories. If your Battle Stats ranking is much lower than your Level ranking, then you should, typically, wait to upgrade. However, since you have already taken xanax, you might want to just power through to level 15 so that you can fly to rehab when you overdose. After you get to level 15, I would really suggest waiting until your stats ranking is higher ranked than your level ranking. In my case I am ranked about 4000 in stats and about 2000 in level... so I am not planning on upgrading until I am ranked much closer to 2000 in stats. I hope that helps you out. Good luck!
Hcom3 [2003693]

It's good to support a new player. So I guess I'll do that. If you have any qestions feel free to ask anyone. If they are rude to you if you are curious... give me a call.
KermodeBear [2011760]



Most important piece of advice I can give: Torn is basically a slow-paced, glorified Cookie Clicker. Don't take it too seriously. (o:
Rhiku [1894620]

Just start exploring would be my advice. Find out how you want to play the game and what appeals to you. I know it sounds basic but, every player has a different path you've gotta find yours :)