Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn - Helping others to the top

Started by SharpMid [1833276] on in General Discussion.

50 replies · 801 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
51
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SharpMid [1833276]

Hello guys, SharpMid here, also Lieutenant of the TMB Faction.

Some of you know my story already. I started out as a nobody. When I first joined the game I was a no name brand. I got into the bad habbit of posting nonsense on the forums. Luckily DUDE picked me up early on and taught me the ropes. How to follow the rules and how to be respectable. Unfortunately this didn't work out so well for me.

I was unable to make a good impression out of myself so my first 9 months of playing Torn was a really tough time for me.

After some time I was introduced to some big name brands like Evil-Duck through the new discord application that many of todays users are using. At first we did not get along. He bountied me and I cried.

[image: media.discordapp.net]

(Disclaimer: I did not hurt myself for real, its ketchup in the picture. Was told from staff to add disclaimer.)

This was only the first meeting with Evil-Duck. We had our back and forths. We scheduled discord voice sessions where we would go at eachother trying to fight but noone of us were really able to insult the other one. We started speaking of other subjects such as weather forecasts and money. He taught me that you can play poker to earn your money on Torn and what the big name brand was all about.

Just recently I joined TMB and I have displayed my loyalty by making big time deals for the faction. We started becoming not only business partners but also good friends.

Recently it is official that I am ranked as a Lieutenant in TMB for my contribution to the brand. And right now I am swimming in wealth. Everything in my life is going great, I have been introduced to other big name brands and making contacts and deals for myself. Evil-Duck was the one that introduced me to fame.

[image: media.discordapp.net]

I am now making new moves, new deals, new connections. My next goal: Redeem myself and become a respectable Torn member. Thanks for your time.

 

Discussion Topics:
  • Have you had enemies that you later became friends with on Torn? If so how did you become friends?
  • Have you helped out another Torn player you liked to reach the top?
  • What inspires you to help and do good to others?
No offense
Evil-Duck [1182047]

Breath taking and it's amazing how far you have come in such a short period of time.

Always destined for A-list. Like a freight train you are punching through barriers and towards your goals. Who can stop you? Only yourself.

Peace
DUDE [1028023]

1. I don't forgive my enemies- no way we will ever be friends

2- Helped out a bunch of peasants they are all ended up in fed

3- I inspire me
TheLuvlillypink [1914803]

I don't make enemies on an online game but yeah, a few people who I have disliked are now my friends and vice versa, but such is life.

And what inspires me? Trolls like yourself.

Lieutenant Sharpmid, you are doing a great job, keep it up!
Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee Committee

Started out as a nobody? This would mean you are now possibly a somebody?

Please remind me who you are again?
Lewis [1312721]

Wow! That was rude dolf, but I see an opportunity for you to make a new friend of Sharpsharkey.

”Have you had enemies that you later became friends with on Torn? If so how did you become friends?”

Let this be the beginning of your long friendship together dolf! 
manic [1554958]

What inspires me?

A blue sky.  A sip of sugary tea when having a slice of buttered toast.  Reading that some poor bastard has got terminal cancer and I haven't so thanking my lucky stars.  Unconditional laughter.

What doesn't?

People who brag.  Stupidity when it's not required.  The idiot I work with and my moron of a manager.  People who post idiotic images mocking events which depict other's at their lowest ebb.

Enemies?

A waste of energy and a distraction.
Kamatcho [1961108]

I'm not so busy with making impressions to people, only the people I do trades and encounter in business.

This way I try to help people with all I can, regarding information or sometimes just help with some problems.

I hope you find all your goals in Torn and hey, if you ain't got haters you ain't having succes!
manic [1554958]

You just know...

It's like getting into a freshly made bed.  Or smelling the sea air on the first day of your long awaited for holiday.

Heavenly...
Sarah01 [1074856]

Hello TMB Officer



Have you had enemies that you later became friends with on Torn? If so how did you become friends?

Nope. 



Have you helped out another Torn player you liked to reach the top? 

SporkMonkey / Rchkier / Venom - gave them some good supplies for training, though not top, they are still very good players. 

Tried to help Dude but he is too much of a dumbass, instead of playing the game, he squeaks away on the forum.

 

What inspires you to help and do good to others?

Helping others means that they don't make the same noob mistakes I did.