Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Issue, not a bug.

Started by Nobody [237547] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 278 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Nobody [237547]

This is the Bugs & ISSUES section, I've had to point that out twice in the past.

Forum signature certainly has it's function in the game, and rightly so. There needs to be certain limitations, I get that, but seeing as you can link stuff in your signature you should not be restricted based on back-end text (the links) but rather the visual text that takes up visual space. I cannot change my signature to this because of back-end invisible limitations, and I would like to request an alteration to how "signature limitations" is defined back-end or if staff could manually change my signature to this:
 Resources  The Best Items  Crimes & Awards  Jail, Busting & Bailing 
 Suggestions  Refurbish Items  Purchase From Inventory 
 Other Faction Donations  DARK THEME

Mentions: [75R+] Purchase From Inventory · [Userscripts] pw-tools (DarkTheme) · Crimes & Awards - Nobody · Jail, Busting & Bailing · Refurbish Items! · The Best Items!! - Nobody

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I'm having trouble following what you're saying. Can you explain again what the issue is please?

As far as I'm aware, the only special limiting factor is the height of a forum signature (which is automatically cut off / hidden).
PMV [1577993]

It's worded a little odd but he's raising the issue that forum signatures have a limit based on text/code length and not actual size, so he can't use that table of links (the "code" to make that table exceeds forum signature limits).

I am not sure how it could be reasonably fixed though.
Nobody [237547]

Well it has the exact same height as the one I'm using now, so perhaps it's limited by mobile and not desktop? If not then there definitely is some limiting factor that you are not aware of.
Nobody [237547]

This forum signature is too long.

looks pretty specific that it contains too much text, no mention of height, width or anything.

Edit: I guess you could just log into my account and try for yourself, not like you don't have access to see everything anyway.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

So there's a character limit - correctly checking the length of the code.

I suppose I can increase this limit if really necessary - if you're unable to reduce the size of the script?
Nobody [237547]

Well if there is also a height limit then I'd see no problem doubling the source code limit, or even more (could be small pictures containing both img address and link address). If there are other limiting factors then I'd say multiply the source code limit by 4-5 maybe?
Nobody [237547]

That would be a bug, mainly that they don't scale down. I believe ched would want a separate thread to keep track of actual solved cases and whatnot, but you could wait until he replies (edit your post if you make a different thread).
dmitriyz [1990187]

Hey, I don't know if anything has been done on this issue but I've just successfully changed my forum signature to what you want:

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 [image: i.gyazo.com]

Perhaps it has been fixed by another developer or you were doing something wrong while editing your signature. Could you please try again? 

Thanks.
Nobody [237547]

Sort of...
 Resources The Best Items Crimes & AwardsJail, Busting & Bailing
 Suggestions Refurbish ItemsPurchase From Inventory  
 OtherFaction DonationsDARK THEME 
vs.
 Resources  The Best Items  Crimes & Awards Jail, Busting & Bailing 
 Suggestions  Refurbish Items Purchase From Inventory  
 Other Faction Donations  DARK THEME  
9 hits on the spacebar diff, guessing it's not possible to make the limits a tiny bit less strict? Like... 100 characters or something?

Mentions: [75R+] Purchase From Inventory · [Userscripts] pw-tools (DarkTheme) · Crimes & Awards - Nobody · Jail, Busting & Bailing · Refurbish Items! · The Best Items!! - Nobody